Day 1

We arrived after an hour of flying and some of the travel party can see how I'm reacting with one of my ears and how dad and me kinda fell asleep next to each other and he had his head on me. How we didn't wake up during landing we don't know.

Once awake though, we went through secruity to get to baggage haul before seeing Ellie rent a van to cater for the whole travel party. Once in the van however we saw how busy the traffic was and Penny bit her lip as I leaned more into Sam.

It was backed up to the entrance of the airport and even further in some places. It was the 2cnd busiest city in America.

However instead of staying in a hotel nearby though, Steele got a text of the station saying they could cater the whole travel party for the week.

Once in the the traffic we headed to the station and parked once arrived. We got our bags and belongings and placed them in the rooms we'd be sleeping in. I said I was staying with my parents to the party and some of the crew. Dad had made sure I had everything before we left including Arlo.

HQ had apparently confirmed and allowed us to stay there for the week. There was only two vechiles at the station and those two were Rescue 118 and engine 118.

Truck 118 was apparently out on a call. The station officer was Bobby Nash. But in America he was known as Captain Bobby Nash.

He showed us around the station that we would see in full detail in the week coming. He showed us the other vechiles and trucks and engines in the station while Truck 118 was out on a call.

Then he decided to show us around the city just as Truck 118 arrived back at the station. Ellie was with Rose and Lucy and the other firefighters in Rescue 118, well the others went in engine 118.

The driver was Evan Buckley. The captain told us and me that they were referred as the 118. The station.

While on the road however Engine 118 got a call in Hollywood. A medical call. Rescue 118 followed them so Ellie would get first hand experience as she watched them in action and help if she could.

The LAPD (Los Angeles Police Department) was there and they needed station 118 to help them at the scene due to nearby ones being busy elsewhere. They attended of course.

Lucy was with Rose as Rose talked to the LAPD Sargent Athena Grant. They knew each other as they had met before. They met while she was in the UK and both were working in the London Metropolitan police force. Rose moved to Pontypandy to he with Malcolm while Athena moved to LA. They had both stopped a crime at the London Underground when Athena had been on holiday in London weeks before Rose moved to Pontypandy.

In Rose's opinion moving to Pontypandy was the best discion off her life just as moving to LA was Athena's best descion of her life.

They chatted for a while. Helping out when nessicary while keeping Lucy out of harms way and danger.

Ellie was suprised and shocked how Americans acted out medical calls and saw they were only a little different then the UK's. She hadn't attended one yet in the UK bit in the academy the ambulances from the nearby hospital was used.

Ellie saw how they dealt with injuries and if needed they were sent to the hospital in an ambulance just like the UK did. Normally with the ambulance service.

After a while we headed back to the station for lunch and dad looked at me ear and stopped me multiple times from rubbing it. Sending I was in pain he gave me some painkillers to try and help aide the pain. To the pain he hoped would go away. He didn't want to deal with an ear infection before lunch. Even though he knew I had them each year and I had yet to have one this year.

Bobby asked dad if I liked Macaronis. Dad said yes. Bobby then went to make the best ones the LAFD could make if you didn't count the time they burnt and food was ordered to the station due to so many calls out that one night.

Bobby told us all how they all have nicknames like i did. I then reminded them that Jones was my name.

Evan said he called himself Buck which was believe it or not was based on his surname. Howard Han nickname was Chimney as everyone called him it. I looked confused. Henrietta Wilson refers to herself as Hen. Everyone else bar Bobby was known by first names.

For Bobby his nicknames apparently were cap, pops or just his name Bobby.

Ellie told everyone how people just called her Ellie or I called her Els, only if I felt mischievous in a good way (like pranking) which was frequently.

Penny said everyone called her Penny unless they were Sam were hid Nickname for her was Pen or Pens. Only he could use them due to them being married.

Steele told them all he was known as Steele or Sir. And Norris was used by the chief officer normally.

Rose said everyone called her Rose and Lucy said everyone called her Lucy as to not confuse her with my other friend who was also called Lucy who's nickname was Luce.

Sam said everyone called him Sam and not his full name as he to hated him. Steele was his protecter and would haunt anyone down who used Sam's old name. He done it once on the courts when J's lawyers said Sam couldn't report her.

I said my name was Jones. My name was Jones. As mum was firefighter Penny and dad was fireman Sam. I was firefighter Jones. Always will be.

We enjoyed our lunch and after everything was washed, dried and put away including the table and chairs they had sat and ate on a call came through right in front of there station.

It was an RTA and they went outside and dad kept me inside with Lucy to be safe. I knew what a RTA looked like as sadly My friend Bella had been involed in one and she kinda described in full detail to me when I went to see her with mum in hospital a while back.

The LAPD was called and the station ambulances attended with backup from the local hospital if needed. The two occupants of the vechiles that had collided needed medical help. So the ambulance staff did one and Steele and Ellie took care of the other. Steele allowed Ellie to take control of this situation. To see how she could handle pressure and to see if she could handle it.

Ellie had been doing medical care on one of them and been telling Steele the things she needed and he passed them her so she could make sure she didn't miss anything.

The others were nearly ready and apparently needed to be transported to the hospital. In the end three ambulances had been used and all occupants had been loaded into one of them.

Once they headed off the road was blocked off by the LAPD until the street and road and nearby areas was cleared of any degree that came from the collisions of the two cars as well as the two cars. A tow truck had been called.

It took over half an hour to arrive and two arrived  with a skip or two in tow. They worked.