A few hours later

Me and dad were packing our bags while mum helped Lucy and Rose out with theres. Rose wanted to make sure she had everything she and Lucy needed for the time away. Including passports and other legal things.

Mum had made sure we had mine and reminded dad on a postic note on the fridge to call the airline to be on the safe side. Dad had yet to check the fridge.

Before we knew it South Wales Fire and rescue showed up at our front door. Confused dad goes to open it keeping me a tad back to be safe. I roll my eyes in a nice way. I know dads protecting me but it's a fire service and I need to see.

Sam let's the person in. The whole crew came in also. They sat down in the living room and dad called me in and sat me on his lap due to the lack of space in the room as he wanted them all to have a seat but he didn't want his daughter to be standing for the whole duration of them being there.

Jason introduced his crew to us. I smiled in awe and then Jason pulled two little things out of his bag. Confused dad goes to ask what he's doing as he subconsciously pulls me closer to him and he tightens the grip as he does so

"Dadda" I mumble "Hurting"

Sam apologised and put me down but told me to stay near him at all times. Dad seemed stressed and worried as after the last time we flew to America I got weird looks all because I was and had gotten scared. Yeah dad wasn't gonna look forward for them looking at me like that ever again.

Jason passed a plaque to my dad and then one to me. Confused we look at both respectively and carefully. We then look at Jason and he said "It's a little thanks from South Wales Fire and rescue"

I said thanks, so did dad.

Then Penny texted Sam saying on way with Ellie and Chloe will arrive at the house soon, how's you and Jones?

Sam: we're good, South Wales fire and rescue are keeping her occupied, also me and Jones got an award from them

Penny: awh I'm proud of both of you

Sam: I'm proud of Jones Pen, she's gonna make a marvellous firefighter you know

Penny: she's related to you of course she will

Sam: not just from me, she just has a knack for it, I wonder if Boyce will leg her join the service at 18 and not 20

Penny: I wonder ask Boyce as she had done quite a lot of training

Sam: I know she has but Boyce doesn't think she be ready to do full time fully fledged as soon as she turns 18 Pen

Penny: Sam, she's saved Mandy from a cliff by abseiling in the dark, watches the twins to make sure there afar and then rescues them if needed, runs into a burning Newtown fire station to save Boyce and the other cadets, runs into a burning science lab at Newtown Primary to save her friend Mallory, runs and jumps into a running lake and swims amazing well to rescue Lucy R, is a lifeguard with training, backup driver to Mercury and Neptune, Steele allows her to call out emergencies over the PA system or radios I can go on if you wish?

Sam: no that's fine thank you, wow you have a lot to back Jones up on

Penny: so do you Sam

Sam: so do I

He then watched me as the crew including Jason tells me about the emergencies they face on a daily business. Dad loved how my face had an expression of awe every time they talked about a new emergency they faced.