Chapter 12

Chapter 12 Leaving

    "It's been 24 hours..."

    Yan Mu quickly avoided Qi Ruan's probing "dragon catcher", turned his head with difficulty, and murmured while looking at the scene of the car retreating rapidly outside the car window.

    Qi Ruan, who was about to pounce on him, was stunned for a moment: "What?"

    "It has been 24 hours since we encountered those mutant creatures in the cafeteria of Haicheng University yesterday."

    Yan Mu's expression was at this moment It seemed extraordinarily deep: "Tell me, those who didn't kill a

    mutant creature within the time limit... what will happen now?" Sitting on the seat, he turned his eyes and stared at the scene outside the window in a daze.

    Seeing that Qi Ruan became quiet again, Yan Mu breathed a sigh of relief, and quickly sat up straight, not daring to tease Qi Ruan anymore.

    It was so hard to fool the past...

    ...

    It has only been one day since the mutation started, but the city suddenly burst out with energy that had been hidden for a hundred years, and everything around it became strange.

    The green belts on both sides of the road are full of branches and vines, as if they haven't been pruned for several months, showing a kind of vigorous vitality. Outside the high-rise office building not far away, plants similar to creepers use the building as the base point and support, almost covering the entire building!

    It is foreseeable that after the outer wall becomes its territory, it will start to expand to the inside...

    and the original wide and flat road surface is like a disaster scene after an earthquake, with countless cracks.

    Those grass seeds that were buried in the ground before the road was built have revived their vitality again, breaking through the hard ground, protruding green shoots, and enjoying the bright and warm sunshine that may not have been felt for dozens or even hundreds of years .

    Even if they are run over by a speeding vehicle, they can re-grow within ten minutes, and in the underground, which most people don't know, the root system also becomes more tenacious and stronger in this rolling!

    The civilization that humans have spent hundreds of thousands of years to build, under the mighty power of nature, has shown a scene of decadence and decay in just one day.

    The only thing that can be called lucky is that this kind of "alien invasion type" is not like the "Resident Evil type" that spread like a virus, giving people a feeling of despair as if tomorrow will not be seen in the next moment. feel.

    Pedestrians can still be seen hurrying by in twos and threes on the street, but they have lost the convenience of mobile communication and online communication, and almost everyone can see the anxiety of being in a besieged city on their faces.

    ...

    The group of three came to the outside of the alley building in this oppressive silence. Qi's mother asked Yan Mu to stay here and watch, and she and Qi Ruan went in to pack their things.

    Mother Qi, who has been up and down in society for many years, has always been unafraid to speculate on human nature with the greatest maliciousness!

    After Qi Ruan and the others entered, Yan Mu got out of the car, leaned on the car and stared at his hands in a daze.

    In fact, she really didn't expect to be able to hug Qi Ruan just now...but