Chapter 3

In the past, Father Qiao could be manipulated because Father Qiao still had concerns.

Now that his son was directly killed, he was afraid that he would have no heirs, and Qiao's father didn't care if he was hit to the bottom line. If he was barefoot and not afraid of wearing shoes, grandfather Qiao had no choice.

Grandma Qiao was not reconciled, but after all, she was not a peasant woman in the country, and she couldn't behave like a village woman. As an old lady of a wealthy businessman, she was very face-saving.

In the end, he could only grit his teeth and accept the reality for the time being, and think about ways to deal with the stepson's family later.

But it's a good deal, but this family still can't be divided immediately.

Because Qiao's family is a wealthy businessman in Linjiang County, with a lot of property, it will take time to liquidate, and it also involves adoption. You have to go back to your hometown village to invite clan elders to witness, etc. The process is very cumbersome, and it can't be completed in five or six days.

It's over.

Qiao's father and Qiao's mother left with a cold face.

When there were no more outsiders, Second Uncle Qiao couldn't hold back immediately, slapped Qiao Xu hard, and cursed angrily,

"You idiot, who asked you to snatch Qiao Nan's fiance? Although our Qiao family is a merchant, the lowest level of scholars, farmers, industry and commerce, our family has money. It is not difficult for you to find a talented husband-in-law. Why do you have to beat that Zhao Nan?" A scholar's idea!"

This is indeed true.

Although people nowadays look down on the merchants, if the merchants are willing to give a large dowry to the girls and brothers, there will still be many scholars from poor families who will happily marry them.

It should be known that no matter how noble a scholar is, he still has to eat, drink, and spend money, and the imperial examination cannot lack money support. In fact, there are not many people who really regard money as dung.

No one understood Qiao Xu's behavior.

Qiao Xu couldn't explain it either. He couldn't reveal the secret of his rebirth. Facing the accusations from his relatives, he could only bite the bullet and answer,

"I like Zhao Xiucai. No matter what means I use, I will only marry him in this life."

This answer really pissed off Second Uncle Qiao. He really didn't expect that the brother he had carefully cultivated was actually a fool who was crazy about love.

If it wasn't for the fact that Qiao Xu's marriage with the Zhao family was a foregone conclusion, Zhao Lixuan did seem to have a promising future, and he really wanted to send this disgraced brother to a nunnery and lock him up.

It's just embarrassing.

"Since that's the case, you'd better hope that Zhao Xiucai of yours can make it to the top, otherwise you will suffer in the future, so don't come back!"

Uncle Joe was full of anger and walked away.

The rest of the people also left in a bad mood. Rather than teaching Qiao Xu to vent their anger, they should now consider the next division of the family and the division of the family business.

Qiao Xu, on the other hand, covered half of his swollen face, and stood there resentfully.

He had seen the face of this group of relatives clearly when he was down and out in his previous life, just wait, when he is developed, this group of people will naturally come up and bow down to please him.