Chapter 64

When the Su Clan was conducting a lively selection for the places to go to the capital.

Qiao Nan and Yu Zhou had already left Xihe Village and returned to Linjiang County to prepare to leave for Beijing and take part in the test.

Grandma Su and others are going to arrange to go to Beijing, but they cannot go with them, because they have to catch up with the test time, and the journey to Beijing will inevitably be rushed.

Although the bodies of Grandma Su and the others are strong, they are all old people after all, and they are not suitable for too tiring running around. Walking with them will definitely drag down the schedule.

Therefore, Qiao Nan could only arrange an escort agency to slowly send the Su family to the capital.

There are also Qiao's father, Qiao's mother and two younger brothers, and the people who perform the drama in Fucheng also have a lot of trivial matters to deal with before they can rush to the capital.

In the end, only Qiao Nan and Yu Zhou, with a small number of servants, set off lightly and simply.

Of course, He Yuanbai, Cen Minghui, and Wen Junliang were also on the same road.

Traveling far in ancient times was not as convenient and safe as in modern times. If you are not careful, you will easily encounter bandits who rob your way. The more people you go with, the safer you are.

Oh, by the way, Li Chengwei also traveled with them.

The main purpose of Li Chengwei's coming to Cangshan Mansion this time is to find out the whereabouts of his younger brother. Now that he has found Qiao Nan, his mission will be completed, and naturally there is no need to stay in Cangshan Mansion anymore.

However, the three princes were ordered to study at Qingshan Academy, and they could not return to Beijing casually without special reasons.

Previously, a prince returned to Beijing early, using the excuse of marrying a concubine. The prince's big wedding is indeed of great importance. If a prince returns to Beijing privately, he will be taught a few words at most, and will not be criticized.

When Li Chengwei goes back now, he naturally has to find a suitable excuse, otherwise, if Emperor Wende favors him, the ministers in the court will take the opportunity to get angry.

And Li Chengwei also has a ready-made excuse, Yuzhou's method of increasing grain production was presented by him, so, shouldn't he be "responsible for escorting" Yuzhou to Beijing?

He is the prince, and only by escorting him personally can he show that the imperial court values talents!

If the ministers in the court have something to say, don't they want to chill the hearts of poor people in the world?

Minister of the DPRK and China: ...

This hat must not be worn.

Therefore, Li Chengwei was not afraid of any problems if he returned to Beijing early, so he happily joined his younger brother's motorcade.

And when Li Chengwei left, the third prince panicked!

The eldest and the first have all returned to the capital, so what's the point of him staying in Cangshan mansion? Isn't that just being exiled in disguise? He has been staying in Fucheng far away from the center of power, and he is still fighting for the throne.

The third prince was immediately anxious and wanted to return to Beijing.

But the problem is, he couldn't find a suitable excuse in a short time.