Chapter 82

After Qiao Nan went back, he discussed with Yu Zhou the details of how to deal with Qiao Xu, and then communicated with Li Chengwei.

After all, they have only been in the capital for a short time, and they haven't established any power yet. If they want to do things, they still have to rely on Li Chengwei's help.

The empress dowager's affair with others is also to be told to Li Chengwei and the empress.

And over there, Qiao Xu really guessed right.

Concubine Li's mother and son indeed failed to resist the double pressure from Rongguo's mansion and the Yang family, and decided to abandon him.

In fact, the second prince didn't want to go to this point either. He either had feelings for Qiao Xu, or he was worried that Qiao Xu's life would be ruined, and it would be miserable if the rumors outside that he was abolished were confirmed.

But he really couldn't bear the pressure of the two families, especially the Yang family, which was one of the biggest supports for him to ascend the throne, and he would never give up no matter what.

Of course, considering that his life was still tied to Qiao Xu.

So just as Qiao Xu guessed, the second prince was going to let him fake his death, lock him up and wait until the poison on his body was detoxified, and then kill him.

Qiao Nan and his wife and Li Chengwei have been paying attention to the movement of Concubine Li, mother and son, and the prison. Seeing that the second prince finally made a move, they followed suit.

They waited for the second prince's men to replace Qiao Xu from the prison, and then followed behind to cut off the beard. At the same time, they also stole Qiao Xu's son from the prince's mansion.

After ensuring the safety of Qiao Xu and his son, he directly reported the matter of the second prince's cheating to the Yang family.

As for why he didn't pass the news to the Rongguo government?

The reason is very simple, the two families are married, and the relationship between Mrs. Guogong and Rong Guogong is not deep. As long as Rong Guogong gets enough compensation, he will not care about his wife's death.

But Mrs. Yang is different, she loves her children very much, she died of a son not long ago, and now her daughter is poisoned to death for no reason, she will never give up.

...

Second Prince's Mansion.

Mrs. Yang stared at her nephew very emotionally, she slapped the table again and again,

"Li Yuanju, hand over Qiao Xu to me! I don't care if the servant girl took the wrong medicine, he just killed my daughter, I must want him to be buried with my daughter! I will not let go of any of his family members. But, you don't want to protect him!"

He even called out the prince's full name, one can imagine how the other party is feeling.

Elder Yang Ge also had a gloomy face. Although he didn't speak, the anger in his eyes was obvious.

He is a bit patriarchal, and he doesn't love the daughter of Mrs. Guo's wife much, but the result of his nephew's handling is related to his dignity and face, so he can't calm down.

The couple stared angrily.

Second prince: ...

He is also very irritable and angry now!

Who would have thought that Qiao Xu, a vicious brother who doesn't recognize his relatives and has no friends or family, would have someone risking his life to save him? He also stole his only son.