Chapter 133

The "Jingguo's Latest Marriage Law" posted on the imperial list is not only curious for the bachelors who want to participate in this official match, but also other common people are very interested.

Although the imperial court did not have laws related to marriage, there was really no law that compiled a book specifically for marriage, because there were not many restrictions on marriage in this era.

Because of curiosity, the second day after the imperial list was posted, the hall of the imperial court was full of people.

The officers and soldiers responsible for maintaining order seemed to have anticipated this, and arranged for the people who came to listen to the class to stand or sit in an orderly manner.

There is no way, there are too many people who come, there is no room to sit in the shantang, so the rest of the people can only stand and listen.

The common people were not kept waiting for too long. After almost all the common people in Shantang had arrived, the master who was in charge of explaining the marriage law appeared soon and began to give lectures to everyone.

Considering that most of the people are uneducated, the Master uses the vernacular method, and his explanations are also very detailed. Every time he speaks about a relevant law, he will stop to answer everyone's various questions.

And the content of "Jing Guo's Latest Marriage Law" is not too complicated.

Without going into details, the "New Marriage Law" adopts the monogamy system, and men and women are equal.

So the most important ones can be summed up as follows:

After getting married, a man cannot have three wives and four concubines...

After getting married, it is not allowed to divorce the wife on the grounds that the wife and husband are infertile or unable to give birth to a son. You can choose to divorce, but if you divorce on this ground, the property after marriage must be distributed with the woman's brother...

After marriage, if the wife and husband give birth to a girl or brother, the man and his family are not allowed to throw them away or drown them, otherwise they will be punished as homicide...

After getting married, the man shall not restrict the freedom of the female brother to go out, and the female brother is not the property of the man...

In short, it can be summed up in one sentence.

In the new Marriage Law, the status of male and female siblings is equal, and all the old rules about men being the king and seven out of the box do not apply here.

A group of people were dumbfounded after hearing this.

Brother and daughter are fine, and even look a little happy, because this kind of marriage law has too many benefits for brother and daughter.

But the expressions of the men were different, but most of them were a little excited and unconvinced.

Immediately, a machismo man couldn't help jumping up and said angrily,

"What the hell is this? It's only natural for men to have three wives and four concubines. Why don't we let us have concubines after we get married? Why can't a wife and husband have a son, and they are not allowed to divorce their wives, so they can only reconcile? Why do we have to divorce? Divide our silver?"

"Ridiculous, this is really ridiculous. Why can't I control my own daughter-in-law? My daughter-in-law is a member of my family when she is born, and she is also a ghost of my family when she dies. She/he has to listen to me."