Chapter 9

Now that Qiao Nan has changed his temperament, he is not afraid that Qiao Xu will doubt him.

Because he really knew Qiao Xu very well. He was a little clever, but he didn't have much wisdom, and he was very easy to get into a dead end, and his heart was not much bigger than the tip of a needle.

According to Qiao Xu's idea, as long as he didn't go to snatch Zhao Lixuan, even if he changed a little bit, Qiao Xu would never doubt that he was reborn, he would only think that he was hit by the current tragic situation.

After all, there are really not many brothers in this world who can refuse to be the future chief assistant husband.

On the contrary, people like him who obviously have easy shortcuts and don't want to leave, but still want to be a widow again, are the outliers in the eyes of others.

But... In his previous life, he was really fed up with being at the mercy of others.

He would rather live a harder life than entrust his fate to others.

It doesn't matter if you call him stupid or stupid, as long as you don't regret it, even if the road ahead is a jungle of thorns, he can still walk on with a smile.

And Qiao Xu obviously had another pursuit.

Seeing that Qiao Nan really didn't seem to be impatient, Qiao Xu pursed his lips, and could only swallow those sentimental nonsense, and went straight to the point.

"Cousin, I want to buy the Dabu pill in your hand."

"Da Bu Wan?" Qiao Nan was stunned.

"That's right, it's the big tonic pill you bought from the Fanbang merchant when you were a child. Every time your uncle, aunt, and two cousins get sick, you give them the kind of pills you give them."

"I know you still have a lot, cousin, so just sell me a few. I'm willing to pay 50 taels of silver for each."

Qiao Xu's tone was very urgent, as if he really needed a pill to save his life.

It's just that Qiao Nan's face was a little strange after listening.

because......

The big tonic pill in his hand is not a real pill at all, but just an ordinary hawthorn candy pill.

The reason why every time his parents and younger brother were sick, he took it out for them to eat, but because the medicine was too bitter to drink, he gave his parents and younger brother sweets with sugar pills, and called the sugar pills 'Dabu Wan', also It's just a joking name for a good omen.

Qiao Xu was willing to spend 50 taels of silver for one of his hawthorn candies?

His hawthorn candy pill was in Qiao Xu's previous life, did it become some kind of magic medicine later on?

Qiao Nan pondered in his heart.

While observing Qiao Xu's expression, he shook his head and said, "I don't have any great tonic pills, you made a mistake, what I gave my parents and brothers are just sugar pills."

"Impossible, you lied to me!"

Qiao Xu almost refuted without even thinking about it, his voice raised, obviously he didn't believe Qiao Nan's words at all.

He clearly remembered that in his previous life, his cousin was lucky enough to use the big tonic pills he carried with him to save the emperor who was secretly visiting the people, and then he was rewarded by the emperor. Brother grabs husband.

Otherwise, given his cousin's humble background as a merchant, how could it be possible for Zhao Lixuan not to take concubines and only spoil his cousin after he became the chief assistant!