Chapter 23

Qiao Nan was very surprised by Yu Zhou's words.

Although he was a little annoyed that the other party didn't want to fulfill the marriage because of a person he had only met a few times, and made the Qiao family lose face again, he could tell that this person was not too much.

At least Yu Zhou didn't directly go to Qiao's house to withdraw the marriage, but first went to him to explain the reason, and wanted the two to discuss a solution in private to save his family's face.

Although it is inappropriate, there is still a bit of conscience after all.

However, Qiao Nan never expected that Yu Zhou would be able to say that he would use his merit as a guarantee to compensate and apologize.

It's really impressive.

Qiao Nan was a little curious, "What principle? Since you don't love your sweetheart that much, why are you willing to fight against marriage for him, not even fame? Don't you scholars value fame and fortune the most?"

"Fame is really important to me, but if you don't have principles and bottom lines in life, you will end up with bad luck."

Yu Zhou explained earnestly, "Since I have someone I like, I can no longer marry the young master, otherwise I will be sorry for the young master, and also for the person I like."

"What if I don't mind that you have someone in your heart? You should know that I fell into the water and hurt my body. I may never have my own children in this life. After we get married, I will arrange for you to have a concubine sooner or later." Yes, so I don't mind if you have someone else."

Qiao Nan continued.

Of course, he didn't intend to really share his husband with others, he couldn't be so generous, he chose Yuzhou at the beginning mainly because of his frailty and short life, and whether he married him or not would not affect his future life.

It's just that he didn't expect Yu Zhou's real character to be so different from the rumors. At this moment, he really wants to know what kind of person this is.

"I'm already eighteen years old. Even if you help me delay the appointment, given my age and physical condition, it will be very difficult to find a decent husband. If I delay, it will only get worse."

"Judging from what you said today, I think you are a rare scholar with excellent character. Since you have your own heart, I don't want to break up your lover."

"How about this, I'll let your beloved become an equal wife. After getting married, you can spoil him however you want, and I won't interfere in your affairs. As long as you can guarantee success in the future scientific examinations, you can support my Qiao family." Can."

"In this way, you can get financial support from my family and have your lover by your side. Wouldn't it be the best of both worlds?"

Yu Zhou: ...

No wonder modern men want to travel back to the ancient times. Few people can refuse such a blessing.

But the problem is that he really doesn't like this Yanfu.

"No, no."

Yu Zhou shook his head in fright, "Your Majesty is kind to Yu, but Yu only wants to pursue the only one in this life." Say, the person Yu Langjun likes has a high status, why are you so embarrassed?"

Qiao Nan's voice was still extremely puzzled.

Yu Zhou took a deep breath, feeling a little helpless,

"Mr. Qiao, you are a very good person. Don't break your can and don't take your life seriously just because you are frustrated for a moment. There are indeed a lot of scum in this world... people with bad hearts, but not without them reliable."