Chapter 29

More than a month passed in a blink of an eye.

A few days after Qiao Xu got married, the wedding date of Qiao Nan and Yu Zhou finally arrived.

Compared with the seemingly beautiful but actually deserted wedding scene at the second room, the banquet organized by Qiao's father was much more festive. Three days before the auspicious day of the official marriage, the excitement started.

As I said before, Father Qiao is smarter and more thoughtful because of his childhood experience.

Although the Qiao family has not separated for many years, it seems that Qiao's father has been working hard to make money to support the second family, but in fact, these years, Qiao's father has kept a lot of secrets. After all, he is not stupid, and he is so honest and suffers.

Therefore, the silver in Qiao's father's hands is not hundreds of thousands of taels, but a huge amount of hundreds of thousands of silver.

And he is not like other merchants who have a lot of concubines and concubines and concubines to support. There are only three children in the family. The wedding scene is more luxurious and there is no pressure at all.

Joe's father is also a wonderful person.

In addition to accumulating good reputation like the businessmen nowadays, and giving congee and wedding cakes to the people to celebrate, he also bought a lot of paper, ink, pens and inkstones and gave them to scholars in the county.

Of course, Father Qiao didn't give it away completely for free, but for the scholars who needed to receive something, each of them helped him write a happy letter to bless his soon-to-be-married son.

No one can say bad about this old father's love for his son.

What's more, Qiao's father also said that he came to this idea because he was inspired by his brother-in-law Yu Xiucai. His brother-in-law generously shared the isolated poetry collection with his classmates. Such a benevolent thing should be emulated.

Although the Qiao family is a merchant, they also know that talents are the foundation of the country, and the Qiao family is willing to do their best for it!

As soon as this remark came out, those emotionally rich readers were immediately moved.

Especially for the poor scholars in the family, the pen, ink, paper and inkstone cost at least a few taels of silver, which is enough to relieve their life pressure for a period of time!

For a while, the Qiao family's reputation in the county soared.

"I've heard for a long time that Master Qiao is a rare good businessman in our county. Seeing him today, he really lives up to his reputation."

"I said Brother Yu is so knowledgeable and righteous, how could he be willing to join a merchant. It would not be surprising for a father-in-law like Master Qiao."

"I heard that Brother Qiao's talent and appearance are unparalleled. In fact, Brother Yu has already fallen in love with him. It's just that Brother Qiao's family was engaged at the beginning, and Brother Yu can only regret it. But who knows that things will turn around later, and Brother Qiao's marriage will be withdrawn." , Brother Yu has the opportunity to be a hero to save the beauty and propose marriage..."

"That's how it is! I heard that brother Qiao fell into the water and hurt his body. I'm afraid that his heirs will have difficulties in the future, but Brother Yu doesn't mind. For this reason, Brother Yu is the first in my generation."

"The Qiao family is not bad either. Such kind merchants are rare..."

Some of these rumors were naturally released by the Qiao family.