Chapter 127

Seeing Zhao Lixuan again, Qiao Nan and Yu Zhou were not surprised.

When the other party left, although they didn't disclose too much information, they all knew that one day, Zhao Lixuan would come back, but they didn't expect the other party to come back so soon.

Moreover, this time Zhao Lixuan came back as an envoy of Chen Guo.

I haven't seen him for two years. Zhao Lixuan has grown some beards, his face has been exposed to wind and rain, coupled with slightly vicissitudes in his eyes, he looks much older than his actual age, and his whole temperament is also very different from before.

If Qiao Nan was not so familiar with him, he almost didn't recognize him.

On the first day the envoys entered Beijing, officials from the Ministry of Rites went to receive them. Qiao Nan did not show up in person, but stood low-key in the crowd to observe.

Through a simple inspection, Qiao Nan found that Zhao Lixuan seemed to be doing well outside. Not only was everyone in the Chen Guo mission respectful to him, but the attitude of other countries' missions was also warm and courteous.

Qiao Nan pondered in his heart, after watching for a while, he quietly left, and ordered Yu Zhu to inquire about Zhao Lixuan.

Yuzhu came back to report,

"My lord, I found out clearly. Zhao Lixuan has changed his name to Zhao Chongshan. He is a highly trusted adviser to the current monarch of Chen Kingdom."

"Zhao Lixuan arrived at the border of the Chen Kingdom two years ago. He claimed to be a hermit in the mountains. Because of his life-saving grace to a certain dignitary in the Chen Kingdom, he was introduced to the Lord of the Chen Kingdom by the other party."

"Afterwards, because he helped the monarch of the Chen Kingdom to solve many difficult government affairs, he gradually gained his trust. However, he never failed in his actions. Now he has a high prestige in the Chen Kingdom and is known as the number one counselor of the Chen Kingdom..."

Emperor Wende was not a closed-door emperor. In recent years, although his main energy was on the internal affairs of the crown prince, he did not let down his vigilance on the situation of other countries.

Of course, Qiao Nan had heard some news about the reputation of Chen Guo's number one counselor from Emperor Wende, and he was already secretly vigilant at that time, thinking that it might be a serious threat to Jing Dynasty's unification of all countries in the future.

He even thought about targeting Chen Guo first after he ascended the throne, so as not to give Chen Guo time to continue to grow.

It turned out that the other party turned out to be Zhao Lixuan...

Is it a coincidence that the other party became Chen Guo's number one adviser, or was it intentional?

Qiao Nan vaguely guessed what Zhao Lixuan wanted to do, but because of their relationship and grievances, he didn't dare to trust him too much.

In the evening, he told Yu Zhou about it.

Yu Zhou nodded and said, "It should be as you guessed. I also received a code from Zhao Lixuan. He asked me to meet the night after tomorrow."

Qiao Nan was silent for a while, "But I don't believe him."

Regardless of whether Zhao Lixuan was intentional or unintentional in the two lifetimes, in the end, he and his relatives all ended well because of each other.

Even if the other party regrets and wants to make up for it now, he still doesn't want to deal with the other party.

Yu Zhou had a different opinion, so he hugged Qiao Nan's shoulders to comfort him,