Chapter 137

Yuzhou, who has experienced countless national disaster relief activities in modern times, provided advice. Before Qiao Nan came, he had prepared a plan to deal with the epidemic.

After entering Hucheng, Qiao Nan and Yu Zhou made various arrangements without even resting.

First of all, patients in the city who have been infected with smallpox, those who have not been infected, and those who are only severely infected are divided into separate areas to control the speed of smallpox transmission.

During the process, it was inevitable that some people resisted the arrangement, especially those who were sick. They were afraid that the court would gather them all and kill them all, so they were very emotional.

This is the case with the Jialing Wang's mansion, none of them cooperated with the arrangement at all.

Regarding this, Qiao Nan was too lazy to talk nonsense, and directly asked the soldiers to raise their bows and arrows to threaten them, telling these people with a very strong attitude.

Those who don't want to die now can cooperate with the arrangement, and those who don't cooperate can die now!

Now time is life, and there is no time to waste it with everyone. For every minute of delay, there may be one more healthy person infected with smallpox.

It might be cruel to do so, but Qiao Nan had to.

Because when you talk to these people now, they can't listen to them, and they may not understand them. If you want them to be obedient, you have to be tough.

certainly.

In order to avoid these people's emotional collapse and rebound, while the isolation arrangements were being made, Yuzhou asked people to set up an open-air stove and start cooking sweet porridge.

Sweets have a very good effect on soothing people's emotions. When the hot sweet porridge was distributed to their hands, the people infected with smallpox quickly calmed down and began to believe that the court was really saving them, not killing them.

After all, if you really want to kill them, there is no need to waste food and precious sugar!

After relocating the people, Qiao Nan asked the soldiers to teach them how to make masks, sterilize them, and prevent various diseases.

At the same time, vaccination against vaccinia was promoted.

There is no way, smallpox is too contagious, and there is currently no absolute cure. If you want to control smallpox, it is king to vaccinate the people in Hucheng who have not yet been infected.

As for those who have already been infected, the imperial doctor can only treat them with medication as much as possible, and the rest depends on everyone's own self-healing ability.

The people in Hucheng didn't know what cowpox was, but when they heard that after the vaccination was successful, they would no longer have to worry about contracting smallpox, and they were all very positive.

Even if the imperial court said that people with insufficient physical fitness, there is a risk of failure and death from vaccinia vaccination, and everyone didn't care.

This is also normal.

The current situation in Hucheng does not allow everyone to hesitate at all. If you are vaccinated now, there is a chance of death. If you don't vaccinate, you will die!

Qiao Nan also knew the current psychology of the people in Hucheng, so he dared to tell the advantages and disadvantages of vaccination. After all, with their current medical technology, they still can't make a perfect vaccine like modern ones, and there is a risk of death from vaccinia vaccination. If you don't make it clear, it's hard for him to explain to the people if someone dies.