Chapter 89

The entertainment newspaper published by Qiao Nan not only created a huge storm among the people in the capital, but its influence even spread to the court.

The reason for this result was, of course, the statement in the mansion newspaper that the only book "Writing Pinyin" was dedicated, as well as the attitude of dozens of fierce noble ladies and gentlemen who ran to sit at the gate of the palace and wanted to intercede for Liu Yu.

These two things pushed Liu Yu's matter to a peak, and all the people outside were watching. If the court did not handle this matter well, the consequences would be very serious.

On court.

The relatively open-minded ministers of the DPRK and China believed that,

"Your Majesty, I believe that Brother Liu Yu disguised himself as a man and entered the Imperial College to study. Although he committed a serious crime, he was not guilty of death. Since there are people who are willing to use their merits to intercede for him, and there are countless noble girls who stand in for him, the court might as well consider it at its discretion and let it go. It is really inappropriate to cause the hearts of the people to chill for a little brother..."

To be honest, for most men in this era, the life and death of a girl and brother are really not very important. If Liu Yu can be exchanged for a huge benefit, that would be great.

Although they still don't know what book "Writing Pinyin" is, since Qiao Nan dared to say that in the mansion newspaper, it proves that the book is of great value.

However, the pedantic ministers in the DPRK and China were angry and felt that,

"Brother Liu Yu disguised himself as a man and entered the Imperial Academy is absolutely ridiculous. It is the Liu family's business that he pretends to be the son-in-law at home, but he still goes to the Imperial Academy knowing that he is a brother. This is degrading public morals and polluting the quiet place of the academy!"

"So shameless, forgetting the three obediences and four virtues, we must treat them as typical, and make them normal. Otherwise, in the future, all the brothers and sisters will follow the same example, and the world will be in chaos."

After the second prince heard that the "Beijing No. 1 Entertainment News" belonged to Qiao Nan in Yuzhou, he seized the opportunity to add insult to injury, and sent news to his influential officials early.

Therefore, the faction to which the second prince belonged immediately stood up to speak out,

"Your Majesty, Liu Yu can't let it go, this "The Capital..."

"I heard that the owner of this mansion is the husband of Yu Zhou, who was compiled by the Hanlin Academy. Yu Xiuzhuan, as an official of the imperial court, did not know how to discipline his husband, and caused such a catastrophic disaster. Your Majesty, please punish him severely... ..."

A group of courtiers with different opinions made admonitions one after another, and the battle in the court was very lively.

Emperor Wende sat on the dragon chair with no expression on his face, and waited until the group of people had almost quarreled before opening his mouth slowly,

"My dear friends, what do you think of the saying 'There is no one who can be educated'?"

The words fell.

There was a moment of silence in the hall, and all the ministers looked at each other, a little uncertain what Emperor Wende was thinking, after all, Emperor Wende played cards very unreasonably in recent years, and even more so in recent days.

Seeing that no one stood up to answer, Emperor Wende directly clicked a humane voice, "Minister of the Ministry of Rites, since the affairs of the Imperial Academy are under the control of the Ministry of Rites, then you are the one to speak."