Chapter 146

first world.

In the 25th year of Dajing Wende, Emperor Wende died, and the new emperor succeeded to the throne.

The third prince was beheaded on the spot by the second prince at the palace banquet because he forced the palace to rebel. Officials of his factions were implicated one after another.

The eldest prince did not participate in the coercion incident, but because of his involvement in a major corruption case, he was demoted to the frontier.

Zhen Houjun was unwilling to be separated from his son, so he voluntarily gave up the new emperor's support for his aunt, packed his bags and went to the northwest with his son for exile, but was robbed and killed by mountain bandits halfway...

The chief assistant, Zhao Lixuan, was granted Conglong Great Merit for supporting the former emperor, and the Zhao family was granted the title of Marquis.

Zhao Family Mansion.

The servants happily arranged the house, festive red silk, precious flowers and plants, all the maids, women and servants, all laughed from ear to ear because of the master's promotion, and they worked extremely vigorously.

As Zhao Lixuan's mother, brother-in-law, and younger siblings, they are even more ecstatic and proud. Who would have thought that the commoners who used to plan their food in the soil can now become one of the most powerful people in the capital?

However, it wasn't all happy events at home.

Qiao Nan didn't know what happened a few days ago, and he was suddenly bedridden with a serious illness. Zhao Lixuan was very worried. In the past few days, he stayed by the bed himself, making his bearded and tired.

Zhao's mother was very dissatisfied with this, and slapped the table again in the living room and said angrily,

"What the hell is that vixen doing? You don't get sick in the morning, you don't get sick in the evening. It's bad luck to have to suddenly get seriously ill on this happy day!"

"I think he did it on purpose. He was in better health than any of us in the past. Now he is doing this to torment my son and prevent my son from marrying the eldest princess as his wife. He is really a jealous husband." !"

The rest of the Zhao family members nodded in agreement when they heard the words, full of indignant accusations,

"It must be so. In the entire capital, no, in the entire Jingguo, there is no brother who is more domineering and jealous than that foxy girl. It's really outrageous..."

The Zhao family's resentment towards Qiao Nan was very deep in their tone.

This is not surprising, Qiao Nan and Zhao Lixuan have been married for five years, and they have no children until now, but Zhao Lixuan still refuses to take concubines, and the housekeeper of the family has been handed over to the other party.

Qiao Nan has a good temper, but she is not the one who suffers.

The Zhao family and Qiao Nan met, except for the first year when they got married, Zhao Lixuan didn't see the best face of his family and would help them smooth things over. In the following years, they didn't ask for the slightest favor from Qiao Nan.

Being oppressed by Qiao Nan everywhere, making life aggrieved by Qiao Nan's hands, can the Zhao family see Qiao Nan pleasing to the eye?

pity.

No matter how dissatisfied they were, Zhao Lixuan would never help them now and listen to them.

Recently, the new emperor intends to give his widowed sister, Princess Shuyi, to Zhao Lixuan as his equal wife, but before the decree is fulfilled, Qiao Nan becomes seriously ill, and Zhao Lixuan has no intention of going to court after staying by the bed.