Father's Day

Dean: You walked out of your room in the normal flannel, black tank top, ripped skinny jeans and boots that you always did, your hair wasn't special, or your makeup. You weren't even wearing any jewelry or had your nails all fancy, yet today was a very special day, it was Father's Day. You had planned on going to see him and as you opened the room to the cheap, upstate New York motel room you met the sight of your best friend, who was looking at the leather journal for the millionth time and was already half a bottle through the whiskey, at only 7 in the morning.

"What am I going to do with you Winchester?" You stepped forward and took the bottle, enjoying a taste for yourself before returning the bottle back by the old television set.

"Well you could always tie me to the bed and pretend to fuck me, but half way through when I am begging you for more you light me on fire, or stab me in the heart." He joked

"I don't want to know your sexual fantasies Dean." You laughed as you pulled up a seat next to him, looking on the page where you saw the words, 'Dean said Sammy took his first steps while I was gone. Once again missed a big moment, but if I don't do this job then who will protect him so he can have more big moments."

"Hey Dean. What are you doing today?" 

"Drinking, reading, maybe hook up with some hot red head later. Why?"

"Well you wanna come celebrate Father's day with me?"

"Wouldn't that be...."

"My dad won't mind. It will be fun I promise, I'll even bring the booze." You smiled as Dean considered your offer. He looked at you with those green eyes and smiled a bit, "I'd love too."

"Ok, can we leave by 10? It's kind of a long drive." You put a hand over his, "I'll tell you how to get there if you drive?"

"Anything for you Darling." He turned from you back to the book, you knew John, knew the importance of the book, and why it meant so much to Dean. He saw you out of the corner of his eye, smiled a bit and turned towards the back. "I wanna read you something."

"Ok, tell me a story Daddy."

"Never call me that again, it's just creepy."

"Ok."

"Today Dean went on a hunt, it wasn't their first hunt, it was an easy vampire nest, had to be at least ten tops. I had just gotten to the hotel room when they walked in, behind him was a girl. I looked as she walked in, clothes splattered with blood, her jeans too tight and her breast practically escaping her v neck. She was pretty, actually beautiful, but it wasn't her beauty that caught my eye, or her messy turquoise hair, or the fact that she was a female hunter, it was her eyes, she had eyes that looked like they hid years of hurt. Her eyes weren't the only that caught my eye that night either, turns out he had offered her a spot on the team, since she killed 11 out of the 12 vampires, leaving one for Dean. To celebrate we all drank, and talked, and I watched my son look at her with happiness in his eyes for the first time in months." 

"Dean Winchester, that was the best story I have heard yet."

"I kind of miss the turquoise."

"You and me both."

At ten we loaded the car for the drive, leaving Sammy a note since he was on his mid morning run when we left. It was two hour till you pulled into your home town, Dean following every direction you gave and listening to the stories you share about your dad, who Dean had never met. You told him all the stories of tea parties, jamming in the back yard, the time he stole a pie ( Which was Dean's favorite), and then how he passed out when you were born, but how you were the best thing that had ever happened to him. You pulled onto the dirt road, in two minutes you be pulling up.