You what!

"Did you steal that, cause I can't go around wearing a stolen ring on my finger for the rest of my life?" You laughed at the man looking up at you on one knee, with a shiny emerald ring in between his index and thumb.
"No [Y/N] I saved up all my tips and bought this."
"And how long have you been doing that?"
"Sweetie I love you but will you please just answer the question?"
"Glenn I would be a fool to say no." You were smiling so hard that your face started to hurt, and he slipped the ring onto your hand as you extended it towards him. He jumped up when his task was done and spun you around, he looked at you, and soon his lips were on yours. When he finally pulled away you laughed, "so how long you been saving?

You sat at the fire and played with the emerald ring on your finger, the fire couldn't be too big or else the walkers would come out of the wood works and eat you for sure, and you weren't finished with your mission yet.

What was your mission? Find Glenn. When the world went to shit you were at your mom's who lived about an hour from home, you drove back as quick as you could, for your mom was killed by one of those things, and you were alone. Your car was now stuck abandoned in the city and you were in the forest now.

You knew the street like the back of your hand, the street you got engaged on, the street you and Glenn met, where you worked, where you lived. You went to every spot you thought of, the pizza shop, his parents, his favorite spot in town on the roof of the pizza shop, and then you came to the door of your apartment across from the pizza shop, apartment 47B, the place you and Glenn spent the most time. You both decided to buy the place about 6 month into your relationship, it was everything to you both, he would have left you some sorta clue on where he was going, and this was the only place it could be.
The door was opened, you turned the knob and Entered your once clean apartment. Now things were scattered about, at a quick glance you noticed that a once framed picture of you and Glenn was still there however the picture was missing, meaning Glenn was here. After performing a quick sweep you saw no clues, and no Glenn.

Glenn's POV
"Maggie that was amazing."
"Glenn, don't you know that you never take about sex after sex?"
"Never heard that rule before?" I smiled and looked at her.
"Most virgins don't know the rules."
"Wait Maggie, you thought I was..."
"I just figured you had no girl with ya, so..."
"Don't you know never assume because it makes an ass out of you and me."
"So then what was your life like, before this?"
"Do you think we should maybe, you know put our clothes back on?"
"Fine tell me while we dress." She started pulling her shirt over her head.
"I was a pizza deliver, I lived in an apartment across my job with my....girlfriend."
"You have a girlfriend!"
"I don't know anymore, she wasn't with me when this all happened."
"Well at least you two weren't engaged." She chuckled at herself as I faked a smile.

"Mrs. [Y/L/N], I need to ask you something?"
"Why Glenn what is on your mind?"
"I wanna marry your daughter, I have the ring picked out and purchased, if you say no though I will return it and take her to the pacific for a vacation."
"Glenn you have made [y/n] the happiest I have seen since..." She trailed off but quickly came back, "it would be an honor to have you as part of the family."

Back at the farm I pulled out a book, it was [Y/N]'s favorite book, [your favorite book], in between the pages I hid a picture, the one of the two of you at the park, there was nothing special about the photo other then the fact that you both were smiling and happy, a rare feeling for the present time. You picked the picture up and carried it to the house, where Maggie was sitting on the porch.
"You know how I said I had a girlfriend, this is her." I showed her the photo of me and her, she looked at it for a minute and then said, "that looks like the woman my dad just stitched up."
"What!"

[Y/N] POV
I heard it clear as day, leaves crunching under a weight that was not my own. As I snuck around a tree I saw a man, not a walker but an actual person, with wing sewn on the back of his leather. I then crunched my own branch and before I could draw my own stolen weapon I found a crossbow pointed at my face.
"Well shoot."
"What you doing here?"
"Trying to survive, and find my fiancé even though at this point he might be dead."
"You got a group?"
"Just me."
"You gotta name?"
"[Y/N] [y/l/n]."
"Well I'm going bring ya with me, see if you can't be useful for our group."
"Yes sir."

"Son of a bitch!" You screamed as the bullet grazed your fave, no doubt leaving a gash. Three men were running towards you as the shooter celebrated her false victory. The man you had come to know as Daryl yelled to the three men, "Get Hershel!" As he lifted your face and saw the blood slowly trickle down your face.

The man known as Hershel had just finished stitching your face when you heard the door open and close. What happened next though you didn't expect, for in the doorway appeared the pizza boy, know as Glenn Rhee. Salty tears started to run down my face, and we just stared at each other in disbelief, as soon as the final stitch was made you jumped up and ran into the arms of the man in the doorway.
"I can't believe it." He whispered into your hair.
"Glenn." You hugged him tighter and then heard a woman's drawl, "so I take it this is your girlfriend and judging by the ring, she wasn't just your girlfriend?"
"Maggie I can explain."
"I can't believe I had sex with you."
"Wait What?" You backed up a bit and looked at the panicked look on his face.
"I'm really sorry, both of you, but [Y/N] I didn't even know you were alive."
"It's been what three- four months? We dated for five year almost, we were suppose to be married by now but instead you were banging some country girl."
"You told me she was just a girlfriend, I... I... I'm so sorry." And then Maggie was gone, leaving the rest of the group staring at just you and Glenn.
"I love you [y/n]." He whispered
"I love you too, I have been looking for you non stop, while you have been screwing people left and right I bet."
"No it was just Maggie, it happened today, I'm sorry."
"How can I trust you?"
"If I didn't love you would I still have this?" And then he pulled out the picture, the one that was missing from the frame.
"I've been carrying this around with me, and [Your favorite book], I've read it a thousand time by now, every time I can still hear your voice reading it to me. Not a night goes by I don't remember the look on your face when you sent me the picture of you in that dress, or how on our first date we had to work so we always joked that shared shifts were dates, and I remember how I never told you that for that ring on your finger I saved up for four and a half years because I knew I was going to marry you from the day we decided to buy that house."
"Do you love That girl?" You pointed towards the door hiding Maggie from the rest of you.
"No, I liked her, she reminded me of you, but I could only ever really love you."
You ran forward and wrapped him in your embrace, burying your head into his shoulder.
"Never do it again, Glenn Rhee, or I will claw your eyes out."
"Won't dream of it again." He kissed the top of your head and everything just felt right again.