I'm not a good man

You all had just used your bodies to barricade the door from the walkers banging against the barn doors. Everyone was settling in except one man.
"What are ya doing?" He asked as you sat next to him.
"Can't sleep without you, don't feel right."
"Sweetie..."
"Dixon, why won't you sleep anymore, since.... You know.... You won't sleep, barely eat and I have to force feed you water just to make you drink."
"Just thinkin." He answered slipping his hand into yours as you leaned your head on his shoulder.
"Bout?"
"Well for starter how I can't protect anyone I care about, I mean Carol got hit by the car..."
"And she came back, it's like nothing happened."
"Merle turned because the Governor killed him."
"Merle was a prick."
"And Beth..." He trailed off.
"Well I'm not going anywhere fast Dixon, so you haven't failed, and you are one of the best men I know."
He slipped his hand into yours, "Well I think you are a bit bias, if I were a good man though none of this would have happened."
"When Beth was taken you weren't even with her, you were protecting her from..."
"I should have been though." Tears were spilling out of his eyes now and he dropped your hand to try and cover them up, but you knew.
"And the you went after her. If you weren't a good man you would have just let her go and never thought of her again."
"I don't get why..."
"Daryl I am not the only one, everyone in this barn thinks of you as a good man. It's not your fault, so why carry a burden you don't need too?"
"If I say I agree will you drop it?"
"If you go to sleep I'll drop it till morning."
"Fine." He huffed as he threw down his vest in a ball, you throwing your plaid shirt down as well, and you both just laid there in silence until you whispered, if you weren't a good man I wouldn't love you as much as I do."
"I love ya too, now go to sleep."