The New Girl might just be an Old Friend

"Hey Rick, whose the new girl?" A fimailar voice called from across the prison causing your heart to pound.

Rick had found you on the road, you were covered in dirt and Walker blood, carrying your backpack on your back and your knife in your belt. He stood end and pointed his gun at you, as you drew your knife.

"Howdy mister."

"How many walkers you killed?"

"Ummm well just now about five, since this whole thing started, probably enough to make a large horde.

"How many people you kill?"

"Well I've killed about two, they got infected and asked me to do it quick before they became a walker."

"You got a group?"

"Nope, you?"

"Yea and a safe place to stay. You wanna come with me, meet 'em, maybe join us?"

"I don't even know your name mister?"

"Rick Grime, and you?"

"[Y/N] [y/l/n], now lead the way Mr. Grime."

"Found her on the road, seems like she'll be a good fit for us." Rick replied, giving you a quick smile.

"So what did you do before all this?" Rick asked as you continued down back to his camp.

"Ummmm well I didn't do anything really, hunted with my boyfriend and his druggie brother, until we found ourselves in our old hometown, then all this shit happened. My parents knew we were in town and when it all happened they came and ripped me away from them and ran to the nearest camp, we were in a group for a while, but recently they had to be put down."
"Were the two people you killed your parents?"
"Yes sir." You whispered
"Did you ever find your boyfriend and his brother?"
"I found his brother, but he told me not to follow him, said that if I came into Woodbury I would surely be killed by the leader, then he told me that his little brother was running around with some group led by a sheriff, and that the sheriff was the reason he lost his hand."
Rick's eyes looked at you with confusion, "by chance was this man Merle Dixon?"

"How did you know that?" You stopped in your tracks, Rick turned and looked at you.

"We tried to free him, after I cuffed him to the pole, but we lost the key. We went back for him, but he was already gone. His little brother he's safe. I'm assuming you are..."
"Daryl Dixon's ex girlfriend, yes." You started walking again, looking at the dirt road until Rick's voice forced you to look up.

"Was he always so..."
"The Daryl Dixon I knew was always a sweet man, kind, and loving. He was also extremely loyal, he would have followed Merle to the end of the earth. He was so loyal to the fool that he wouldn't even let me try to check Merle into rehab."
"Did you ever try to find 'em?"
"I looked for a while, would find an arrow here or there but Ma and Pa would never let me leave their side, as they liked to put it I was too good for the redneck scums know as the Dixons."
"When I first came to camp, and was reunited with my wife and son,we were talking about our lives before this shit storm. He must have been drunk because I never heard him speak more then a couple words, but that night..."
"Daryl and Merle were very chatty drunks."
"He mentioned how before all this he wanted to become a better man, said he was head over heels for a girl who he felt he didn't deserve."
"Well the Daryl Dixon I knew was the best man I had ever met."

"And what makes ya think that?"
"She claims to have killed enough walkers to equal a large herd, she claims to be from the same area you're from, so I'm figuring she could be the female version of you."
"Ain't no one good enough to be me man, defiantly not some chick."
"Well what about some chick who used to track with ya?" You turned around and looked at the handsome face of Daryl Dixon, who had changed since you were separated, but his eyes were still the same even though his hair was longer, he had some more facial then normal and he was a bit filthier then you ever remember. The look in his eyes was the same though, his face softened a bit as it suddenly hit him.
"[Y/N]." He whispered before running towards you and wrapping you in a hug, which you quickly returned.