Me and Telltale.

An open letter to the company that changed my life.

The news of Telltale's closure has devastated me for the past few days. So much so that I haven't felt any motivation to write, and thus is the reason for my lack of creative activity.

The Walking Dead Game was the first Telltale game I ever fell in love with. I was in my second year of high school, and it came to me at a time when more than anything, I wanted to pour myself into something. Luckily for me, it was something that would forever change my life.

I vividly remember during finals week rarely studying because I was so immersed in watching YouTube gamers play through the first season. It made me laugh and cry, I was on the edge of my seat, and more than anything I wanted a version of this game to call my own. Rather quickly, I owned the entire Walking Dead Game set, followed almost immediately by The Wolf Among Us.

These games and these characters mean more to me than words will ever be able to describe, and the ups and downs of my life that these games have helped me see clarity through are far too many to list here.

And now, it's time to say goodbye. This departure hurts far worse than the conclusion of the final season ever would.

I will continue to create Telltale-based content. I'll continue to write and share my passion for The Walking Dead Game and The Wolf Among Us because that's what those who poured their life and souls into those games deserve: remembrance and thanks.

So, thank you for everything Telltale. Thank you for leading me to my passion, and for giving me the characters I will hold dear to my heart for forever. I will never forget you, because you've forever changed my life. I cannot forget that which has made me who I am.

Thank you for helping me find me, and thank you for helping me find the Clementine inside me: the fighter, the solider, and the woman who will never give up despite what the world throws at her. You've given me strength like no other, and I won't use it to let you down.