He Cheats Imagine m.c (part two)

He Cheats Imagine m.c {part two}

By: 5sos-imagineau

~

You hear the sound of the alarm kick on as you had just started to fall back asleep. You groan before blindly feeling for the snooze button, finding it quickly then reeling your hand back under the warm blanket you are curled up in. You hadn't slept much that night, maybe a few hours at the most. Your head ached and your limbs felt weak. Today was going to be you and Michael's 1 year anniversary. You had a bit of a drunken outburst last night after you had realized that the day was coming up, you ended up breaking a few things that you would now have to clean up. You slide out from under the blanket, letting your feet hit the cold floor but you don't react. You rub your face, the feeling of dried makeup disgusted you so you decided you were in dire need of a long hot shower.

You walk into your bathroom immediately turning the water on as you undress. You brush out your hair and take a makeup wipe out to finish cleaning off what was left of your makeup. When you climb in, the hot water feels amazing against your body and for a short second you forget about Michael. For one second you enjoy yourself but then it all comes flooding back. He came home that night while you were packing. Ashton had managed to sober him up but he still looked like a mess. You had just gotten done packing when he walked in. You were still crying which made him feel even worse.

"Please don't cry." Was the first thing he said to you. "She means nothing, you have to know that, Y/N."

"I hate you." You said. You could tell it hurt him but it just slipped out. You wanted to apologize but you held back. You could see the tears start to gather in his eyes as you spoke. "Why did you do it? That is all I want to know. Was I not good enough for you?"

"It wasn't that." He sighed.

"Well then what was it?" You were more furious than anything as he stood there in silence. Before he said another word you told him to get out. He didn't argue, he just left. He had Ash pick up the rest of his stuff and by the next week you were completely alone. That was almost 3 months ago and you haven't spoken since.

You step out of the shower and throw a towel on to cover yourself and walk to your kitchen. You turn on your coffee maker but before you do anything else, the doorbell rings. Confused, you walk over and look through the peep hole. You see Michael's purple hair and a sad puppy dog face to go with it. You step back looking down at your attire. The doorbell rings once again so you decide to open up. You pull it open just enough to reveal part of your face. When he looks back up he smiles a bit.

"Did you always answer the door like this?" He jokes chuckling a bit.

"Just for you." You forget all that he did to you when you see his smile. To tell the truth, you miss him more than you hate him. You both get a bit quiet still smiling about the joke. "What are you doing here?" You practically whisper and he shoots you a nervous look before responding.

"I-I just wanted to see you." He stutters quickly correcting himself. "Needed. I needed to see you." You could feel yourself starting to smile but you hold back reminding yourself of what he did to you.

"Well here I am." You comment sarcastically, not sure of what else to say.

"Here you are." He looks you up and down smiling a bit. "You look great."

"I'm in a towel." You remind him and he chuckles. The awkward silence returns and you end up just staring at him. Not much has changed. Of course his hair is a different shade of purple, almost pink if you will. His facial hair has grown out just a bit, and he has added a few tattoos to his arms. Not to mention the eyebrow piercing. He always said he wanted one but you never thought that he would actually get it.

"It's our one year anniversary, you know?" He claims and your heart stops. He remembers? You think to yourself. You nod and he continues. "I haven't forgiven myself for what I did to you. I don't know if I ever will to be honest." He gives you a longing look as you open up the door a bit further. "I'm so sorry for everything, Y/N. I really mean that." You see his eyes fall to the ground and you can tell that he is struggling to hold back tears.

"I know that you're sorry, Mike. You have said it about a million times." You mumble feeling the tension build up. "I don't think I will ever be able to trust you again. Not after what you did."

"But is there any way that I could earn it back? You mean the world to me." He pleads stepping up onto the top step and towards the door. "I love you, Y/N. I always have and I always will."

"Michael, we will never be able to get back to that place again-"

"Then let's just be friends." He interrupts you. "I just need you in my life." He takes you breath away and you are stunned by his proposal. Not sure of what else to say, you nod in agreement. "Is there any possibility that someday we could get back to that place?"

"Possibly." You tell him. You mean it too. You wanted to trust him but you don't want to get hurt again. A small smile starts to grow as he leans forward and kisses your forehead.

"Then I can't wait for that day, friend." He whispers against your skin before pulling away and taking a step back. "I'll call you, okay?" He questions not really waiting for answer before walking back to his car. You watch him pull away then quickly shut the door. You slowly make your way back into the kitchen to see that your coffee is done being brewed. You go to pour it and you hear your phone ring from a text. You check it and see it's from Michael.

"Just so I'm clear...I'm never giving up on us." You whisper it out loud as you read it. A smile grows across your lips as you push the screen to your chest. "You are such an idiot." You say as if he can hear you before locking your phone and grabbing your coffee. You take small sips as you start to realize what you have just done. "God help me now." You giggle shaking your head.