Slow dancing

Slow dancing

By: suchafreakingidjit

He lead me to the dance floor, while out of the corner of my eye I could see Jasmine smirking as she waved goodbye. I resisted the urge to roll my eyes, instead looking up at my new companion as I realized just how much taller than me he was. He smiled, squeezing my hand gently as he lead me to the center of the floor. He surprised me when he suddenly pulled me close, closer than a lot of the other couples were standing, sliding his hand behind my back instead of resting it lazily on my waist like most of the other men were doing. I placed my spare hand on his shoulder as we began to away to the music.

"What's your name?" I looked up at him when he spoke, suddenly in awe of how beautiful his green eyes were.

"Willow. What about you, my good sir?"

The corner of his lips quirked up. "Nice name. I'm Michael."

"Nice name." I returned his compliment with a smirk. "Is that an Australian accent I'm hearing?"

"Yeah. New in town. What about you, do I detect a slight British tone?"

"Sort of. I lived there for a few years when I was younger. Picked up a bit of the accent."

"I can see that." He pushed me gently away from his body, lifting the hand that held mine so I could spin gracefully under his arm. "So, Miss Willow, are you a friend of the family?"

I laughed, trying to keep the bitter edge out of it. "Hardly. They don't even know I'm here."

"How ironic." His hand came to rest on my lower back again. "It seems we are both crashing this party."

"Really?" If I had the ability to raise one eyebrow at a time, I would have done it just then. "That's quite naughty of you."

He leaned down so he could mumble close to my ear. "You have no idea."

Suddenly, a loud bang sounded from the next room, followed by screaming and other general sounds of panic. Michael smirked. "Sorry, love. That's my cue." His lips quickly pecked my cheek. "See you around."