Fat

By: 5-seconds-of-lostboys

"Mikey what's wrong.."

"N-nothing." He says, staring out at the scenery of your back yard, playing with his bracelet.

Michael is the happy-go-lucky guy, rarely in a bad mood and always so peppy. A smile was always on his face, he was always cracking jokes. Screwing around as a joke to make you laugh which he always succeeded at. But today, today was the first day he didn't smile, he didn't laugh, he didn't move from the backyard.

He would usually be in the living room playing video games, laughing. Now where he's just sitting in your backyard, staring at the sky and on the verge of tears. This was hurting you so much more than everything else in your life. Seeing your boyfriend sad was one thing, but your best friend cry was something more. You wanted to help but he was a closed book right now.

You knew exactly what the problem was too. This morning when you went on tumblr you saw that some anon called Michael fat because of his double chin. You got instantly pissed off and made a post about it, defending him. You didn't care if people hated on you, but when it was Michael you had instant reflexes to fight someone. Whoever had the audacity to call this loving little kitten fat is an idiot and obviously doesn't know that skinny isn't everything. Obviously they hate themselves enough to actually hate on someone who's been so positive and loving.

Sighing, you sat in Michael's lap, wrapping your arms around his neck and nuzzling into him. He didn't move, not one muscle which made you sad. He was always up for a good cuddle but today, nothing. He was a rock, literally. You began to kiss his cheek, his neck, moving down to his collarbone when he stopped you, looking you straight in the eyes.

"Y/N, what are you doing?" He said with a poker face.

"Making you feel special."

"Why are you with me, I'm fat remember?" He said, hurt in his eyes.

It was killing you to see him so sad, hurt over some anon who was too much of a coward to not let anyone see their blog name. It shouldn't matter but hate is hate and it hurts all the same. Huffing, you pulled your phone out, going through the Michael tag. As you shoved it in his face, he skimmed through, seeing all the love and support people were giving him. Slowly, that smile came back to his face, his eyes lit up.

"You're not fat Michael, you're a fluffy little kitten. Embrace it because everyone loves it."

"Why are people so cruel?"

"Because it's easier to hate someone out of jealousy, than to hate yourself out of insecurities. They fuel off of you being so sad, they love it. You can't give in, you have to be strong Mikey. You're stronger than anyone give you credit for, including yourself."

"But-"

"No buts. Love yourself because you're beyond perfection, you're everything to millions of people across the globe. They hate seeing you like this."

"Really?"

"Really, you saw it. You're special Michael."

"I love you."

"And we love you. Now come on, let's go eat some pizza and play video games all night." You laugh, pressing a sweet kiss to Michael's lips.