The Light Of My Life

The Light Of My Life (Michael Imagine)

By: dontstoppreferences

It seemed like it was just yesterday that Y/N was begging me to start a family. "Please, Michael?" She whined. "I really want a baby." I had repeatedly said no to her. The band was just taking off and I honestly never really saw myself having kids. I mean, I'm sure I'd want them sometime in the future, but not right now. My career was just taking off and sure we had been together for almost two years now, but I just wasn't ready. Y/N finally backed off for awhile, but then today happened. just a few hours ago, Y/N told me she was pregnant. I was a little surprised at first seeing as we almost always used protection, but now I can't wipe the smile from my face. The idea of being a father had started to grow on me the past few months of her begging. I haven't been able to stop thinking about it, what it's going to be like, what I'm going to be like, what I hope our child is like. How Y/N is going to be such an incredible mother. I know this is something she has wanted since she was a small girl, and I'm happy I can finally give it to her.

"Michael?" Y/N called, causing me to snap out of my thoughts. "Hmm?" I hummed, turning to look at her. She was wearing one of my old ripped band shirts, swimming in it really. "Are you going to come back to bed?" She leaned against the sliding glass door, sleep still evident in her eyes. "Yeah, I'll be back in a minute babe." I smiled at her, turning my gaze back to the view of the city. We were in LA doing some recording and press and stuff and I had flown her out to visit. We hadn't seen each other in almost two months and it was really starting to get to me. Little did I know I was missing out on the first stages of her pregnancy. She said she didn't want to tell me over the phone or Skype because this was so important. I looked down as Y/N ducked under my arm and put herself between me and the railing. She wrapped her arms around my waist, resting her head on my bare chest. My arms instantly went around her, one hand resting on her lower back and the other finding the back of her head to smooth her hair down. "Are you mad?" She asked in a whisper, looking up to meet my gaze. "What?" I asked, knitting my brows together. "About the baby." She murmured. "Oh, Honey. No, of course not." I smiled, pressing a kiss to her nose. "Why would I be mad about something so amazing? We're having a baby." A smile appeared on her face as she tightened her grip on my waist. I rubbed her back lightly as I rested my chin on the top of her head. We stood like that for awhile, before I heard her yawn. "Come on," I said letting go of her and grabbing her hand. "Let's get mum and baby back in bed." I laced her fingers with mine as she grinned, climbing back into bed. "I'm not going to wake up and find you out on the balcony again am I?" She asked, settling into her pillow. "No baby, I'll be here when you wake up."

I climbed into bed next to her, my hand instantly finding her flat stomach. I lifted her shirt and ran my fingers over her waist lightly. Soon there would be a bump there, our baby. "You can't feel them yet, Michael." She murmured. "I know." I whispered, continuing to trace her stomach aimlessly. "But they're in there." I hadn't seen a smile like that in awhile. "You're taking this a lot better than I expected.." She smiled. I nodded, keeping my hand on her stomach. "If I'm being honest, I had been thinking about being a father for awhile now. Since you asked, really. The idea started to grow on me..and now it's a reality." I leaned forward pressing a kiss to her lips. "I'm happy, you're happy. We're all happy. Now get some sleep." She nodded and nuzzled herself into my side as I continued to run my fingers over her stomach, letting my thoughts consume me before sleep.

I cried when I heard the heart beat for the first time. I cried when we found out we were having a girl. I cried when she took her first breath. I cried when Y/N took her last.

It's been five years since I said goodbye to the girl that showed me how to love and said hello to the girl who stole my heart.

"Daddy!" Teslyn called as she climbed into my bed and jumped onto my back. "Daddy wake up! It's my birthday!"