One of those nights

One of Those Nights (Michael Clifford)

By: 5sos-1d-one-shots

You sat in front of the mirror for hours just picking out every flaw. You hated the way you looked. You wished you could change everything about yourself. Your eyes, your nose, your mouth, the shape of your face. You picked everything out and criticized yourself until you felt numb. 

The hate had piled up in the last few weeks. "You're so ugly, kill youself", "You don't deserve Michael. He should have one of us but no, you took him." It wasn't so much the hate that got to you, it was that you thought they were right. You thought you didn't deserve Michael because you weren't 'pretty'. 

Tears slipped down your cheeks as you stared at yourself. "I'm disgusting..." You whispered to yourself. 

You bedroom door opened slowly and your dad's head popped in a small, fragile smile on his lips. "Hi darling, Mikey's here," he spoke softly. You nodded but didn't bother wiping the tears from your face because you were so tired from keeping it in. You needed Michael to see what was happening when he left. 

Michael stepped through the door, his hair disheveled from his hands running through them. Michael saw you curled up in front of the mirror and quickly shut the door before walking over to you. He sat behind you, his legs going around you and his arms circling your small waist. His face nuzzled into your neck and he kissed your warm skin, instantly calming you. "I love you," he whispered. A sob escaped your lips as he spoke the words of affection. "Give me your phone..." You obliged and handed him the phone that was sitting on the floor in front of you. You watched as he composed the tweet and pressed send. 

"@(Y/T/N): Hi guys its Michael. Your words have broke (Y/N) down- I hope you're happy... We will be taking time away from social media for a while. I love you regardless, but it's gone too far... -Mikey"

He locked the phone before tossing it onto the floor and returning his arms to your waist. "I'm sorry." You shook your head because it wasn't his fault. "I love you." 

"I love you," you whispered back. You leaned into Michael who held you close for the night. You two ended up falling asleep on the floor. Your mum and dad checked on you two before they went to bed and saw you two curled up together. They knew what was happening with you and they knew Michael was the only one who could help you through the situation. Even though they were against you two sleeping together, they let it go because they love you and they didn't like seeing you like that. 

You and Michael only ended up sleeping for a few hours before you both woke up in pain from the floor. You both crawled into bed and you crawled into his open arms. He leaned down and kissed you lightly on the lips and feathered kisses all over your face and neck. "You're beautiful," he whispered as his hands trailed under your shirt. "I love you."