🦋 Mezo Shoji 🦋

Requested By: Ezi_Ezi

A/N: I joined TicTok @dekustwinsister if you PM me I'll follow back.

Drabble: "They could have killed you."

The One With The Injuries

•••

You sighed as you heard your boyfriend Mezo get made fun of. It's not like he could control the way he looked, it was his quirk. He got quirk shamed because of how he looked, but he always kept a cool temper.

That's what irked you most. How could he sit there and take their cruel words and not defend himself?

You waited until Shoji was out of earshot to take actions into your own hands.

"You shouldn't bully people because of how their quirks make them look. Shoji can't change the way he looks."

The guy looks at you and laughed. You noticed a group of his friends began to circle around him. Maybe this wasn't such a good idea.

"He can't even defend himself. He needs his little bitch to do it."

Faster than you see it swing. The guy punched you. You weren't expecting it. It caught you off guard. You go to fight back, but his friends hold you back as he repeatedly punches you.

When you wake up, your in UA's nurses' office. You groaned lightly as you sat up. You noticed Shoji in a chair by your bed. He was holding your hand, and his head was laying on the bed.

When you moved to sit up, it woke him up. His hair was all messy. Cute, you thought. You couldn't resist the urge, so you ran your fingers through his hair.

"How long was I asleep."

"A few hours."

Recovery Girl must have fixed you up with her quirk. That was supposed to make you tired. That would explain why you were out for so long.

"You shouldn't have tried defending me."

You frowned. Of course, he knew you tried to defend him. He probably found you, brought you here, and then took care of the guys who did this.

"I couldn't not defend you. What kind of girlfriend would I be? What kind of person?"

"A smart one. They could have killed you."

"Are you calling me weak!? I'm a hero Shoji! Or at least I'm going to be one."

"A real hero knows when not to pick fights they can't handle."

You looked at your lap, too ashamed to look at your boyfriend. Shoji uses his hand to make you look at him.

"Hey, I'm not saying you're weak. You were hurt bad, there were too many of them. One day your gonna be a great hero, but for now, don't go into fights without my back up."

•••

Edited: 1-21-20

Tip Jar: https://www.paypal.com/paypalme2/IzzyJJ13?locale.x=en_US

•••