😽 Hitoshi Shinsou 😽

Drabble: "I'd like that."

The One Where You're Both Oblivious Clowns.

•••

You pulled your light sweater tighter around yourself as you stood in the ice-cold rain. Feeling pathetic, you let the tears slide down your cheeks.

You rubbed your tears away but they kept getting replaced my more. The more you wiped your eyes it just seemed to make your eyes more irritable than dry.

“[Y/N]?”

You sniffled and rubbed your eyes again, as your eyes met Hitoshi Shinsou’s. Great, not only did you feel and look pathetic but your best friend – and crush – was going to see you look pathetic.

Maybe he wouldn’t notice the tears. Better yet, maybe he would think they were from the pouring rain, although you doubted that. Hitoshi was as perceptive as they came.

“What are you doing here? I thought you had a date.”

“You were right about him. He didn’t actually like me… He stood me up.”

“He’s a dick for standing you up.”

You scoff at Hitoshi. The only reason you even went on the date was that Hitoshi told you not to. He told you that [Guy Name] wasn’t actually into you, and only wanted to make his ex jealous. Granted he was right, but it hurt. You knew you were less than desirable, but to hear your crush say it? It really hurt.

“Don’t act sympathetic, you’re happy on the inside. You were right, he didn’t want me. Of course, you were right! I mean look at me, I’ve been crying in the rain. I’m pathetic.”

Hitoshi takes his coat off and drapes it around your body.

“When I told you not to go on the date, I didn’t mean it like you were unappealing and unlikable.”

With a frown present on your face, you look at the ground with teary eyes.

“You told me he couldn’t possibly like me.”

“Because I wanted to ask you out. I wanted you to go on a date with me, not him!”

“Why would you wanna ask me out?”

Hitoshi wraps his arms around you. Between his coat, and his body, you were easily warmed up. He lowered his lips to your ear to whisper the secret he had been harboring for so long.

“Because I love you.”

“But we’re best friends.”

“You’re more than a best friend to me, you have always been more than a best friend to me. You’re sweet and nice, not to mention you stayed even when everyone else said I was meant to be a villain, even when everyone told you I was bad news.”

Your arms went and rested over Hitoshi's arms that were wrapped around you. You leaned into him, making him even closer to you. A coy smile played on your lips as you registered his words.

“You’ve always been more than a best friend to me too… If you had asked me out before [Guy Name], I would’ve chosen you in a heartbeat.”

“Valentine’s day isn’t over… We can rent a movie and get some take out.”

“I’d like that.”

•••

Edited: 2-11-20

Tip Jar: https://www.paypal.com/paypalme2/IzzyJJ13?locale.x=en_US

•••