💥 Katsuki Bakugo 💥

Requested By: Risk_Dash

Imagine: Weak

The One With The Ex-Best Friend.

•••

You sighed as you watched Katsuki from a few seats behind him.

You were irrevocably in love with him. But God-damn! His personality sure could be insufferable.

You used to be best friends in middle school. Ironically your quirkless. Somehow, you were inseparable. That changed once you got into UA.

You assumed it was because he wanted to be the only one to get into UA, but he was so much harsher to you than he was to Izuku.

His harsh words always seemed to bring you down. You were always unable to shake them off.

You walked out of class, you were supposed to meet up with Shoto. You were going to have lunch and then spar. Katsuki bumped your shoulder on his way out.

"Watch where your walking... Weakling."

It stung whenever he said things like that. You tried to ignore him. But it was hard when he constantly did it.

•••

You sat down with Shoto for lunch. Since you and Katsuki drifted apart, Shoto and you got close.

"Are we still training together later?"

"Yes."

You smiled at Shoto.

"Great!"

Katsuki was walking by and decided to interject himself into your conversation.

"Don't sound so excited [Y/N], Icy-Hot will think you're desperate."

"Go away, Katsuki."

"I can't really blame you. I'm sure if I was someone as weak as you, I'd be pretty desperate. Who wants to be with a weakling."

"Shut up, Katsuki."

"Of course, that would explain why Icy-Hot wants to train with you. He needs a weak quirkless loser like you to make himself feel stronger. No wonder he keeps your damn week ass around."

"Just... Shut up Bakugo! You don't anything!"

You walk out of the cafeteria, trying not to let the tears spill out. You can't cry. Not now.

Not in front of him.

•••

Present Mic started talking.

"Everyone remain calm! There's a villain attack on UA. Follow your homeroom teacher to your dorm room, while the Pros neutralize the threat."

Katsuki panicked. You ran off. You weren't gonna know. You could be hurt.

Katsuki tried slipping out of the room before Mr. Aizawa grabbed him with his scarf.

"Where do you think you're going?"

"[Y/N] ran off. I need to fuckin' find her."

"I will send a pro after her. You need to stay here."

•••

The Pros didn't get to you fast enough. You were hospitalized, with a broken leg. What kind of school full if heroes lets its students get hurt.

Katsuki blamed himself. He should have been less hard on you. He caused you to run off. He couldn't even run after you.

Here he was, standing outside your hospital room. A small pink stuffed bear in his hands.

He pushed the door open and sat down on a chair next to your bed.

"Hey."

"What are you doing here?"

"I.. I- uh, wanted to apologize... I also brought a stupid bear... I- um... Remember how you liked to collect them..."

"Tch. Apologize for what?"

"I've been really mean to you."

"Um... Don't worry about it... It's not like you were wrong."

"But I was."

"No, you weren't. You were always right. I am weak. It was stupid of me to think I could be a hero. I'm quirkless."

"It's not stupid."

"Yes, it is. You've always told Deku he couldn't be a hero because he was quirkless... So how could I be one? Hell! That villain broke my leg, I am weak."

"I was scared okay!"

"What are you talking about...?"

"You got into UA, and I was fuckin scared. I was scared you would get hurt. I was scared I would lose you. I thought... I thought that if I told you, you were weak... It would push you to be stronger."

Katsuki threw the bear at you. Not hard enough to hurt you. He brought his hands up to his face and cried. He, who never cried. He, who was strong. He, cried in front of you.

"It's okay."

"No, it's fuckin' not."

You slightly smiled and picked up the stuffed bear.

"You weren't weak! I was! I was weak! I loved- I love you, and I was too scared!"

You grabbed his hands.

"You know, I never collected stuffed bears. My collection... They were all from you. Birthdays, carnivals, arcades... They all came from you. I kept them... I kept them because I love you too."

•••

Edited: 1-21-20

Tip Jar: https://www.paypal.com/paypalme2/IzzyJJ13?locale.x=en_US

•••