⚡ Denki Kaminari ⚡ [Part 2]

A/N: My driver's training written exam is tomorrow. Super nervous.

Requested By:
awhcherry
WolvesStory-the-one

Drabble: "You wouldn't understand."

The One Where Denki Kaminari Turns Villain, Part Two.

•••

"It's not enough. You're not enough."

Those words ring through your head. They've always come back to haunt you ever since Denki left. Always sitting there at the back of you're head, mocking you.

Ever since Denki left, you felt alone. You never felt like you were really ever enough. Your parents abandoned you at the ripe age of six. leaving you with your uncle Shota Aizawa.

You always felt like a burden to him. You strived to be the best in class, you felt like that's all you could ever succeed in. When you met Denki it changed. Whether he knew it or not, Denki really helped you.

You never felt anxiety with him, it just felt free. You didn't have to worry about what you said. He was like a light in your life. A great bright light that pulled you out of the dark.

You might not have even realized it, but Shota did. He might not have vocally told you he cared, but he did. He watched you. He watched how Denki brought you out of the dark.

When Denki left, Shota watched as you spiraled. He watched as that darkness came back in your life. The lack of activity. The lack of food. Although you didn't live with him anymore, opting to live in UAs dorms, he still kept tabs on you.

•••

Shota Aizawa knocked on your door. Weakly laying in bed, you didn't want to answer the door.

"Who is it?"

Shota stood nervously outside your dorm while rubbing his neck as he answered.

"It's me, Shota."

You fumbled to get out of bed and make yourself look presentable. You quickly brushed your fingers through your untamed hair. You doubted that it looked any neater than before.

You sighed as you stared at the scars on your wrists. Shota couldn't see them. You scrambled through your dirty laundry for a huge sweater. Slipping it on, you rushed over to the door and answered it.

You try your best to muster up a fake smile as you look at your uncle.

"Hey."

He gives you a half-smile as he walks into your dorm. He makes a note of how your dorm seems to lack food and light. He sees how you have a pile of unfinished homework. He sees the heap of unwashed laundry.

Shota sighs as he sits on the edge of your bed and pats a spot for you to sit down.

"Let's talk."

"Okay."

You sit crossed-legged on the bed next to Shota.

"I talked to your other teachers."

"O-oh."

"They said you're coming to class late, as well as turning in homework late."

You look down at your hands and try to stop them from shaking.

"I've been distracted... I'll start being more prompt, I promise."

Shota frowns.

"You haven't been showing the best results in my class either. You used to be at the top, and now you're at the bottom, it's so unlike you."

You struggle to keep the tears in.

"I'm sorry, I'll try harder."

"That's not the issue. I don't care if you're the best or not. I just- I want you to understand I'm here for you. I see how you don't smile anymore. I see how you lack energy. I see how you don't eat your meals."

"I'm sorry I'm such a burden."

Tears leak down your face as you sniffle.

"You are not a burden. You are my niece and I love you."

Shota grabs your hand.

"I hate to ask you this... But can I see your wrists."

You nod your head as a sob escapes you. Shota delicately pulls down your sweater sleeves to find your scars.

"I'm sorry."

"I understand, it's not your fault."

"It just hurts so much. I'm never enough, and I'll never be enough."

The sobs are loud and the tears are raining. Shota wipes them away as he embraces you. He's cradling you now, his arms holding you in a comforting way.

He rubs your back and whispers in your ear.

"You are enough, okay? You are enough for me. I care about you, I love you."

•••

Edited: 12-16-19

Tip Jar: https://www.paypal.com/paypalme2/IzzyJJ13?locale.x=en_US

•••