🐜 Mina Ashido 🐜

Requested By: Dadzawaisbestdad

Drabble: "Who are you?"

The One Where, Mina Ashido, Gets In A Car Crash.

Angsty Prompt #41 And  Christmas Prompt #33.

•••

You rushed towards Mina in the hospital. Your beloved girlfriend lay in the hospital bed. She had been involved in a car crash leaving her with a broken leg, three broken ribs, a fractured arm and a bandage on her head.

Unlike your brother Hitoshi, you hadn't talked to the doctor upon arrival. Instead, you had just rushed to your lover's side. That was a mistake, whereas Hitoshi was being informed of her condition, you learned the hard way.

"Mina, are you okay? How are you feeling?"

"Who are you?"

"What? Mina, it's me. [Y/N]."

"Who?"

"Knock it off Mina, this isn't funny."

You grab Mina's hand to which she pulls it away from you. A tear slides down your cheek as she does it. Did she really not remember you?

"It's me, [Y/N], your girlfriend."

"I'm sorry, I do not have a girlfriend, and I don't know anyone named [Y/N]."

More tears fell down your cheek as your brother placed his hand on your shoulder. Hitoshi guided you outside of the hospital room and let you sob into his arms.

"The doctor said she'll never be able to get her memory back. Her hippocampus, cerebellum, and prefrontal cortex were crushed. During her surgery, someone else died. They did a transplant. Her memories of you and everyone else have been switched."

You couldn't help but blame yourself. She passed her exam, she wanted to celebrate, it was her idea to go drinking. When she said, 'Fuck it. Let's get drunk,' you should have said no.

She was intoxicated, but she didn't have anything to do with the crash. She just happened to be on the sidewalk with you. You should have kept her closer to the sidewalk. You should have walked on the outer-side instead of the inner.

It should have been you, not her.

•••

Edited: 12-12-19

Tip Jar: https://www.paypal.com/paypalme2/IzzyJJ13?locale.x=en_US

•••