🐢 Izuku Midoriya 🐢

A/N: I got a haircut.

Imagine: Rose-Colored Boy

The One Where [Y/N] Uzumi Hates Heroes Like Her Brother Kota.

•••

Low-key, no pressure, just hang with me and my weather. Low-key, no pressure, just hang with me and my weather. Rose-colored boy. I hear you making all that noise. About the world, you want to see. And oh, I'm so annoyed. 'Cause I just killed off what was left of the optimist in me. I had to break it, the wars are raging on. And I have taken my glasses off. You got me nervous. I'm right at the end of my rope. A half-empty girl. Don't make me laugh, I'll choke.

•••

To say Izuku was excited would be an understatement. He was ecstatic. Class 1-A was on a bus to a summer training camp. Izuku intended to train to his fullest.  

Once the bus stopped and he got off with his classmates, he's met with The Wild, Wild Pussy Cats, Pixie-Bob, Ragdoll, Tiger, and Mandalay. He smiled. They must be part of the training. To train, and learn about more pros, to get this experience, made him happy.

He noticed that two figures silently stood behind them. A small boy and a girl who appeared to be his age. The boy was probably around nine, and he wore a red hat. The girl had [Hair Color], [Hair Length] hair. She wore a white dress and black boots. She was breathtaking. 

"You will be staying at the base of the mountain. You have three hours to get there. Lunch is served at 12:30, whoever isn't there doesn't get served."

Pixie-Bob uses her quirk to make a landslide of dirt and forces 1-A into The Beast's Forest. However, Izuku can't get that girl out of his head. 

•••

Just let me cry a little bit longer. I ain't gon' smile if I don't want to. Hey man, we all can't be like you. I wish we were all rose-colored too. My rose-colored boy. Low-key, no pressure, just hang with me and my weather. I want you to stop insisting that I'm not a lost cause. 'Cause I've been through a lot. Really all I've got is just to stay pissed off. If it's all right by you. I had to break it, the wars are raging on. And I have taken my glasses off. You got me nervous. And you're turning it into a joke. A half-empty girl. Don't make me laugh, I'll-

•••

When your Aunt told you you'd be spending the summer with a bunch of Heros, let's just say you weren't ecstatic. You and your brother have hated hero's ever since your parents were killed. Spending summer with a class of heroes-in-training was the last thing you wanted to do. 

"I'm Izuku."

When this green-haired smiling boy introduces himself to you, it takes everything inside you not to groan. You didn't want to talk to him. But your aunt had asked you to be nice, so you gave him an unpleasant half-smile. You're sure it looked like anything but a smile. Hey, at least you tried. 

"[Y/N] Izumi."

Your voice had an edge to it, and you probably seemed anything but pleasant. Still, he beamed at you. 

"Are you related to The Pussy Cats?"

"Mandalay is my aunt."

"Oh! Are you training to be a hero like her?"

Suddenly your little brother punches Izuku in his manhood. His crotch. Izuku doubles over in unexpected pain. 

"Not everyone wants to be a hero!"

Your little brother runs off, and you run after him. You'd stay and help Izuku, but that would involve answering his question. A question often asked that you hated. You didn't want to be a hero. Neither did Kota. Not after what happened to your parents. Just because your parents and aunt were heroes, didn't mean you had to be.  

•••

Just let me cry a little bit longer. I ain't gon' smile if I don't want to. Hey, man, we all can't be like you. I wish we were all rose-colored too. My rose-colored boy. Leave me here a little bit longer. I think I wanna stay in the car. I don't want anybody seeing me cry now. You say "We gotta look on the bright side." I say "Well maybe if you wanna go blind." You say my eyes are getting too dark now. But boy, you ain't ever seen my mind.

•••

The villains have attacked. But you and Kota didn't know this. You were off together, unaware of the dangers that lurk around you. Unaware until a villain appears behind you. 

Seeing the villains face shocks you. You never saw him in person, but you saw him on TV. Recognizable from the scar on his face. The villain that killed your parents. 

Shock consumes you and Kota. You stumble backward as the villain comes towards you. The shock wears off as you see Izuku in the distance. You quickly push Kota behind you. 

"Don't worry, I will save you no matter what."

As Izuku fights with the villain. Your fight or flight instinct kicks in. You wanted to run, keep Kota safe. But you felt the urge to stay, to help him fight. He risked his life for you both. But you hadn't been trained as he has. Still, something inside you wanted to fight. 

"Run. Take Kota and get out of here!"

You know he's right. You lack training, it would be better for you to take Kota somewhere safe. Still, you give him a smile as a thank you. Probably the first smile you've given since your parents died. 

•••

Just let me cry a little bit longer. I ain't gon' smile if I don't want to. Hey, man, we all can't be like you. I wish we were all rose-colored too. My rose-colored boy. Just let me cry a little bit longer. I ain't gon' smile if I don't want to. I know we all can't be like you. I wish we were all rose-colored too. My rose-colored boy. Low-key, no pressure, just hang with me and my weather. Low-key, no pressure, just hang with me and my weather.

•••

You pulled Izuku aside while everyone in class 1-A boarded the bus. You gave him a beaming smile. While he gave you a blushing one of his own. 

"I wanted to thank you. You saved me and Kota... If anything had happened to him... I'd be alone. Thank you."

"You, uh, you don't have to thank me. I was happy to do it."

"I also wanted to tell you I decided to apply to UA. My aunts gonna start training me. You made me and Kota realize, maybe heroes aren't so bad." 

You lean in and kiss his cheek. 

"Maybe if I get in, I'll see you around."

•••

Edited: 12-18-19

Tip Jar: https://www.paypal.com/paypalme2/IzzyJJ13?locale.x=en_US

•••