39.

"I look and stare so deep in your eyes"

She shouldn't be here, absolutely not. It was a very big and stupid mistake but yet she couldn't keep herself from entering the bar while her blue eyes searched for him, finding him at the bar, a beer in his hand with his Serpent jacket around his shoulders. 

I touch on you more and more every time"

"Lost your way, darling?"He asked amused, turning around on his chair to face her. "You don't fit in here like you used to."He added, patting the chair next to his, a sign for her to take a seat on it. "And you fit in here still too perfectly, Jones."

When you leave I'm begging you not to go"

"This is my second home, Smith."He said back as an explanation. "It is Cooper."She corrected him with crossed arms as he raised a simple eyebrow at him. "Cooper doesn't fit you, sweetheart. I can think of a few that fits you better."

Call your name two or three times in a row"

"But you can't use them because we are not together anymore."She threw back coldly as he chuckled at that. "Do you really mind it, Smith? You and Hal seemed to get along pretty quick."He said back, taking a sip from his beer. "So do you and Gladys."She said, remembering the jealousy that had soared through her body when she saw how Gladys was draped all over him, almost like bubblegum stuck to your shoe. "Jealous much, Smith?"He asked with a smirk. "Never, Jones."

Such a funny thing for me to try to explain"

"You're still a bad liar, Smith."He said, gesturing at Hog Eye for another beer. "It's better like this after all."She said in a murmur, crossing her legs. "What makes you think it's better like this?"He asked curious, looking at her as she straightened her back. "We weren't good for each other."She answered plainly. "Because of our mistakes, darling?"He asked, putting a strand of hair behind her ear, letting his hand stroke her cheek. "Because not all our mistakes were bad ones."

How I'm feeling and my pride is the one to blame yeah"

"Most of them were, Forsythe."She muttered, losing her control over her voice slightly. He always knew how to get past her control and it angered her deeply. "Do you regret them, Ali?"He asked, pushing her chin slightly up to meet his brown eyes. "Because I do not." 

'Cause I know I don't understand"

"Yet you let me walk out of your life, Jones."She said back. "I'm not keeping you in something you don't want to stay."He explained, tapping her nose before his hand went back to the beer bottle. "How do you know what I want?"She asked, raising an eyebrow. If they were going to play this game, she was willing to participate in it. "You want a stable life. You don't want your children to have the life you had."He summed up, with each thing he said taking a sip from his beer. "You want to give them everything you didn't have."

Just how your love can do what no one else can"