59.

"Sometimes I'm beaten, sometimes I'm broke"

He ran away. He ran as if there was no tomorrow as if he was able to run away from all the problems in the world. He ran because he could run and not because he had to. He ran because in that moment it seemed the best. 

" 'Cause sometimes this city is nothing but smoke"

"What happened?"She asked in a whisper, handing him an ice pack as she crawled on the rooftop of the trailer she lived in, with her parents inside, not knowing where their daughter was and not really caring what she was doing.

"Is there a secret? Is there a code?"

"Nothing."He answered with a shrug, holding the ice against his lip as she took off her jacket, looking up at the nightsky.

"Can we make it better? 'Cause I'm losing hope"

"Then we don't talk about it."She muttered, taking a bottle of tequila out of the bag she had carried with her, opening it swiftly as she took a sip, handing it to him. "Let's not talk about our problems then."

"Tell me how to be in this world"

"Why can't we have a normal day?"He asked softly, as he took also a sip, handing the bottle back to her as she chuckled at that. "Because we simply can't."

"Tell me how to breathe in and feel no hurt"

"We're fighting for our place in this world while wondering if we really want it."

"Tell me how 'cause I believe in something"

"We're sick of the fight each day."She muttered, leaning back, her blue eyes looking at him for a moment. "But yet we don't give up."She added as he looked at her now curious. "You know why?"She asked softly as he shook his head curious.

"I believe in us"

"Because we have each other, Jonesy."

"After the wreckage, after the dust"

She spoke the truth with those simple words she said on the rooftop of her broken home while he had ran from his broken one to hers.

"I still hear the howling, I still feel the rush"

How he had felt his blood turn cold when his father had ran after him but stumbled and fell, giving him the chance to get away.

"Over the riots, above all the noise"