75.3

And so it went, suddenly she was no longer Alice Cooper but once again Alice Smith and she had no idea how she really felt about it. Their whole divorce passed quickly, without a fight nor a discussion. They just parted ways as some kind of friends and their daughters already seemed to have sensed something was off between them as they asked no questions but accepted how this all went. This was just fine. 

So now, now she had a lot of free time on her hands and had no idea how to handle it. She had decided to stop at the Register, giving it to Hal without any complaints as she felt like she had to move on from that job. There was so much more she could do than sit behind a desk and write another article tearing down the Southside. No, she was done with that. But now...

On the moment she had no clue what the fuck she wanted. 

So she found herself in the spot where it all changed and that was behind the bar of the Whyte Wyrm with Hog Eye watching her carefully slightly unsure about everything that has been happened and the little details he received from her. Should he be worried she is here once again? Or just be happy?

"You're staring at me as if I'm some science project and it's working on my nerves."She stated coldly, looking up to stare at him with a raised eyebrow. "I'm just surprised to find you here again."He answered with a shrug of his shoulders. "Got some free time and decided to stop for a drink, is it a sin?"She asked, finishing her drink at that as he just chuckled at that, remembering her temper. "It's strange because I haven't seen you in a while. I mean sitting at my bar."He explained himself as he filled another glass for her already knowing she wanted another one just as the doors opened and FP Jones walked inside the bar, holding a cloth to his eye. "A beer, Hog Eye!"He said, not noticing her by the bar as a grunt escaped from his lips. "Got in a fight, Jones?"She asked curious as he finally noticed her when the words left her pink lips. "Ran right in a fist, Smith."He answered, sending a wink to her with his good eye as his other was clearly swelling up and turning blue. "You never just run in a fist."She said back, raising from her seat, crossing the distance between them as she took the cloth out of his hands. "Let me take a look, Jones."She muttered when he wanted to take it back. "Can you get me some ice, Hog Eye?"She asked as he put the bottle of beer down on the bar for FP before going to wrap some ice in a towel. "So what happened?"She asked curious. "Some Serpents acting like they know better."He explained, not bothered to tell her another story than the truth. "And you had to act like the tough guy, I see."She said back with a soft chuckle, taking the towel from Hog Eye as she held it against his eye. "You know me."He muttered with a shrug of his shoulders, a small smile on his lips. He had not expected her here but he did not mind. He actually quite liked seeing her again and she seemed more at ease than the previous time. She seemed  relaxed. Like some sort of weight fell off her shoulders. "You look different."He stated, needing to know why she felt so different to him and he did not mind the curiousity. It is good to be sometimes. 

"Just worked some things out."She answered plainly, not really giving him an answer. "And those things are?"He asked, digging some deeper as her blue eyes held his brown ones, well brown one for a moment. "I'm no longer together with Hal."She answered, putting the towel down as she sat back down. "Did you two part on good terms or?"He asked, not really knowing how to ask it without sounding like he wanted to kick Hal or not. Who could let her go? Willingly? "Yeah, it's alright. We just grew apart."She explained, taking a sip from her drink as he did the same. "He's stupid, you know."He muttered as she just raised a curious eyebrow at that. "For letting you go."He added, a hand on her leg as she looked down at his hand that was now on her knee, a kind gesture as she just smiled at that. "Maybe it gives me the chance to deal with some mistakes I made."She explained, covering his hand with hers. "One in your head, Smith?"He asked, leaning closer towards her. "I need some help to change that."She said back also leaning closer, a small smile on her lips before ticking against his nose, leaning back. "I'm at your service."