V02 - Chapter 15: Siege of Italica RM

***

--- Italica ---

May 9th, 2025

After a short alteration at the south gate, the city guards agreed to let the strangers through the gate.

Sharpe stands inside the Gate as he watches Sergeant Major Randy Dodson bring in the three JLTVs.

In front of him is Jerry, the team media.

"You should be fine sir," Jerry said. "Good thing you have your helmet on. Just don't make this a habit."

Lelei walks up, looking directly at him. "Your helmet is impressive. Because of how light and lack of metal I honestly didn't think it would be useful."

"At least we know his head can take a beating," Rory replied.

Some of the Rangers laugh at Rory's comments.

He looks over to the woman who opened the door. She looks like the leadership of the city. Her assistant called her Princess Piña Co Lada.

She apologized many times, scared that she just started a war.

"I am so sorry about before," Pina said, begging for him not to get angry.

Rory responds first. "Don't worry Princess, he probably deserves it." Having her hand to her side. She then gives her a death glare, implying not to dare to do anything again.

He watches them both. It seems like they know of each other in some manner. Rory is clearly laying down the law.

When Rory told her that Apostles are usually respected, and their presences bring great weight. This is the first time he sees this outside of Alnus. He finds it strange seeing a girl in a twelve-year-old body giving orders and adults obeying.

Pina nods in agreement. "There will be no problem with us Mistress Rory. How long have you been with these people Rory?"

"Let me think," Rory mumbles and places her figure on her chin. "About two weeks now. It has been horrible. They have so many tasty sweets and drinks. Their beds are so comfy I think it is torture."

"Rory..." He states in a commanding voice. He glares at Rory. "Be nice."

Rory giggled at him and fist bumped Alicia. "Ok Major Sharpe. Whatever you say."

He sees Pina and her three Knights look at him and Rory in disbelief. "What?"

"Are you saying that Rory takes orders from you?" Hamilton asked, baffled by the thought.

"Of course," he said in a commanding voice, making sure they know who is in control of the situation. "I am in command of this unit. My name is Major Sharpe of the United States Army, Vanguard-7 of the 75th Ranger Regiment of the NATO Expeditionary Force."

Sharpe takes his helmet and places it between his arms. He looks back at Pina. "But..., yeah..., Someone somewhere would agree with that statement." He said about getting hit on the head, wanting to relax the situation. He finishes thinking about memory.

Sharpe points to his team that is standing with him. "This is Rory Mercury, Lelei La Lalena, Private First-Class Alicia Moore, Specialist Jerry William, and Sergeant Major Randy Dodson." He then joints

"That's a mouthful," Rory points out with a giggle. "Sharpe, everyone here knows who I am. I am the Apostle of Emory after all." Rory comments but was surprised and pleased that he included her in the introduction.

Pina takes a deep breath. She straightens herself up and looks more royalty. "We should make this more formal. I am Princess Piña Co Lada, leader of the Rose-Order of Knights. I am currently in charge of this city. It is good to meet you."