V08 - Chapter 87 Street Fight

"The campaign in Elies in approaching its final stages. Lieutenant General Charles Stanford said taking Havcristen is key to securing the region. The city being a staging ground to strike the last remaining position the Empire controls. It is believed that taking the Elies region will clearly cut the Empire into two."– SCNR News – Jessica Moore

***

--- Havcristen, The Greater Elies Region ---

October 22nd, 2025

Rory Mercury jumps from the rooftop and lands on the next building. As she runs, she can see her favorite team, Vanguard-7 battling down below.

For a moment she thought they were in trouble as these enemy soldiers storm out of the buildings around them.

But the team leader Major Sharpe reacted quickly enough and had his unit engage before they were swarmed. They formed a tight circle and cleared out that street.

She has always been impressed by how good of a soldier he is. While he is not the strongest, she has ever seen or the smartest she has ever seen.

What she likes about him is how strong will he is, leading upfront by example. Not many in the Empire would do that. He always presents himself confident during a battle and everything he said is well throughout, like speaking with experience.

The only downside she sees is that being a good Soldier has not fully translated into a confident person outside the battlefield. She has noticed the difference; on the field he is confident while back in Alnus he hesitant more.

Looking ahead she sees this formation of troops.

She smirks and jumps into the girl, doing a twirl in the air.

She lands right on top of the Imperialist's shields crushing them down to the ground.

"Hi boys." She said in a sadistic voice.

With one strong swing with her halberd, she slices eight men down with a single stroke.

The surviving men break formation, fearing for their lives.

"Rory, what are you doing? You... you should be helping the people of this world?" This man said, crawling backward.

She sees him and can see he is the unit leader. She could not help but smirk. "Oh, I love it when the big strong man begs for his life."

She walks over to him and raises her halberd. As she gets closer, she can see the fear in his eyes. And a moment later the life in his eyes disappears.

---

The Minotaur rams through the last wall and runs into the street where Vanguard-7 is.

Lelei turns around and sees this. Her eyes widen seeing a new threat, it is not just the Minotaur, it looks like thirty legionnaires right behind the beast.

"Bring me their heads!" The Minotaur demands with a roar.

"Rangers! Contact left! Fan out and suppressive fire," Sharpe orders.

She looks to him and sees him moving around, directing the team to the new threat.

The Rangers reposition themselves and move back to give themselves some room.

She takes her staff and swings it to the side. She chats a spell and this cart to her side begins hovering. She then swings her staff towards the beast. The chart flies forward and hits it.