V10 - Chapter 114 The Horrors of War

***

--- Sadera City ---

December 14th, 2025

James Garcia is sitting there as he eats some warmed-up soup. Right now, his team is gathering intelligence on the changing of leadership. They found a tower that has a great view of the Royal District of the city. A good place to keep an eye on things.

They tried to sneak into the district many times, but each was a failure. While they figured out how to blend in within the city thanks to their friend Nelisia, an orange Neko(1), the NATO term for Cat-People. With her help, they have been able to move through the city far easier.

The security in the Royal District went up dramatically. Before the attack(2), the guards were mostly Humans but now there are now more mix races. That made it more complicated to infiltrate, these other aliens have abilities that his team does not fully understand yet. Do there stuck doing long-distance recon until a better plan can be made.

"What the hell is that?" Sean Miller asked as he looks through his spotting scope.

"Haven't you been keeping up with the recent updates with the FFAM(3)?" He asked.

The military created the FFAM to help the troops understand what they see on the field. To be fair, it has had mix results so far. The information is updated as they learn more, which means some past information gets changed. That means what the troops know yesterday does not mean it is correct or apply tomorrow. Much of the information comes from a seventeen-year-old girl Lelei.

He takes his can and drinks the remainder of his soup.

"Yes," Miller responds. "Because I know that is a Minotaur doesn't mean I am used to seeing one."

"If I recall, you are not used to anything," Tycen Taylor said with a chuckle.

He chuckled too as he looks to Taylor. Taylor is looking down at a laptop, recording everything Miller sees. Just another standard recon mission.

"Hey," Miller said shocked and looks to Taylor. "What does that mean?"

"It means you're a virgin," He responds, and he puts the can down.

Miller looks to him and then at Taylor. "What the fuck is wrong with you two? I have a family. You... been there... I have a picture right here."

Taylor chuckles. "I don't know man, it could be photoshop."

"Fuck you all," Miller states and looks back through the scope.

Everyone laughs.

"You people are strange."

Hearing that he freezes. He looks to his two fellow agents and they are frozen in place too. They all then go automatic and aim their pistols behind them.

What he sees is this small girl that is very well dressed. Her hair is wavy and in a twin tail hairstyle. She does not look like the other poor kids in the area but looks like some nobleman's daughter. The confusing thing is, they are not inside the Royal District so what is she doing here?

They lower their weapons, not about to kill a kid. "What are you doing here kid?"

"Better question, how did you find us?" Miller asked.

"You people don't stand out as much as you think." The girl said with a big smile. "It was not hard to figure out the paths you take. And that you are based in Akusho. And those soldiers guarding that warehouse and how you guys took over the criminal underground."

He just looks at her, shocked how much she knows. It makes no sense to him because he has been careful. He begins to wonder in their cockiness, he made a mistake somewhere. Does this mean the Empire is coming for his team right now? But if that is true, why send a child? These people are backward bastards, but even they would not send a nobleman's child.