V09 - Chapter 99 Christmas Evening

*** 

--- Mall ---

December 4th, 2025 (1)

After everyone calmed down at the fact that there is a place on Earth they can live at, Sarah dragged them all to the nearby mall to do some quick shopping.

Right now, they are in this cloth shop, all looking at new types of cloths.

Tuka is standing there looking at a rack of these shirts.

Behind her, she hears Lelei asking Sarah questions.

"Why is everything different from last time?" Lelei asks.

"What do you mean? Oh, it is the holidays, Christmas." Sarah says

She turns around to face Sarah. "Is this another one of your holidays like that Thanksgiving?"

"That is correct. But Christmas is about a family coming together and sharing gifts. It is when we come together and have fun." Sarah explains. "And lots of food."

"Is that why everything is red and green?" Rory asks as she grabs this Lolita Christmas theme uniform.

"Yes, those are the colors of Christmas. Don't go crazy, we can come back. Just get some things that will last a few days." Sarah says.

"Sarah, do I have to hear this?" She asks, scratching her head.

Because she is an elf, Sharpe told her that for now, she has to wear a hat to cover her ears. He said until a more formal treaty is established and the presence of aliens in the States is more normal, it is best that people do not know that she is an elf from the other world.

"Yes. It is best not to attract unnecessary trouble. Just pick out something nice and anything you see you like for your room." Sarah said.

Hearing that she looks around. She sees dozens of people moving around grabbing clothes and other items. Bright lights coming from the ceiling above.

Her people live in wooden built houses that are around trees. Using the natural beauty of the forests. She thought it was strange and impress seeing the NATO military installations and how they were built. So far, she is amazed by how tall these man-made tree buildings.

The tall gray color of these buildings and the amount of glass is very impressive to her. Her people know how to make glass, it is a luxury item though. These people seem to make whatever they like with ease. Everything she grew up that seems like a complicated taste or project seems like they can just do.

"Hey, everyone! I have an idea. Let's all get matching Christmas clothes!" Rory says, gathering everyone.

She looks over and giggles, seeing Rory excitement. They told her that they came here before. That they loved the shopping part. Rory seemed to enjoy the clothes shopping the most but that Edras girl Selina keeps pointing out that she once hated it.

"I thought you..." Selina about to say something.

"Shut it you little brat!" Rory yells as Selina giggles.

"Rory, I am up for that." She says as she walks over.

She then looks at what Rory is looking at. The cloths Rory is looking at seem to be a bit more open, showing more skin then she usually sees them in. "Do you think Sharpe will approve of these?"

Sarah walks over. "Girls, no."

"No means yes! Come on." Rory says.

Sarah shrugs her shoulders and takes a defeated breath. "Alright. Hurry up, everyone. I like to go get some decorations."