V13 - Chapter 157 Celebration

*** 

--- Fort Minick, Sharpe Barracks ---

Sharpe wakes up with a large headache. As he places his hand over his face he realizes he had another bad dream, and this time it was Selina being killed by the Wood Elf Lord Lashin. What those Elves did to that farming family has put the topic of Selina's safety back into the forefront of his mind.

While he has been able to be calm, not letting this topic leak out into the public for everyone to see, he is scared something might happen to her. He is new to this father business and he has yet to figure out how to deal with the knowledge that there is a man out there who wants to murder his child. He wonders if this is just him or is this a common fear fathers have.

Since they never found the Naminto body, the son of the farming family there is a good chance he is still alive. He has been wondering if they are planning on some kind of trade or ransom. If so, he probably is trying to trade Naminto for Selina, which he will never accept.

He has had to do missions where he had to pick one life over another but never when it came to kids. He just hopes Vanguard-3 can find Naminto before the true intentions of the Wood Elves are known.

As he lays on the bed he looks over to his left and sees Selina laying there asleep. He can hear her soft snoring sounds as she lays there in a pink nightgown.

As he stares, he notices how peaceful she looks laying there with no care in the world. He remembers when they first meant(1), being dragged away by these four slave trader mercenaries. He still remembers the terrified look on her face but now she seems to be at peace.

He never thought he would ever have kids, especially adopt one. But since then he has realized that he has been missing out on something more important, raising tomorrow's generation.

He has found that being a father has been incredibly harder then he thought it would be. Sometimes he gets very frustrated like when she kept that she is royalty and that people are wanting to kill her. Most of the time he enjoys their time together. He loves how she wants to learn everything he knows and wants to do the same things. He feels like he has a real stake in society again. 

He then hears the TV on his wall and looks over to it. He sees the main menu of the movie Monster Inc. They were having a father and daughter movie night. Both of them have found that sitting down in front of a movie allows both of them to talk to each other more smoothly, easier to bond, and ask questions.

Selina doesn't always sleep with him, especially that she has her room down the hall. However, she still likes to, either because she feels safe or just has gotten used to it.

He knows he needs to end it at some point, especially now that he is dating Sarah now. The truth is he likes it when Selina is in bed with him. He feels more at peace and knows that she is safe. He just knows he isn't alone. Plus, it helps keep Rory from sneaking in.

He gets up and turns off the TV. He then heads into his personal bathroom. He gets a glass of water and grabs his four prescribed medication. They help him with his PTSD so he can function better, the doctor said.

He takes a shower and gets clean up, wanting to get ready before the Girls start clogging the bathrooms. He never understands why girls and women take so long in the bathroom. When they all moved into this building he quickly learned he had to plan how morning routine around them so he doesn't have to wait.

He still remembers one morning that he had to wait for four hours until Rory, Lelei, Selina, and Tuka had finished washing up. He had to refine his morning to take no longer than thirteen minutes on a slow morning. Ten minutes if he wants to rush.