V05 - Chapter 51 Out and About RM

"After the President speech, the 2nd Armored Division has fully been deployed to Fort Alnus to assist in the war effort. A Brigade from the 3rd Marine Division and the rest of the 10th Mountain Division will also finish its deployment later this month.

Up to this point the bulk of the fighting has come from the 1st Cavalry Division, 101st Air Assault Division, and from the 75ht Army Rangers Regiment. They have been able to secure many territories from the enemy now being called the Empire by government officials. With these reinforcements, Lieutenant General Stanford will be able to secure what they captured and prepare for the next stage of the war.

With the Alnus Airfield finally complete, both US Air Force and US Space Force will be deploying much needed air power to the war effort.

This will boost NATO forces to forty-four thousand soldiers with an additional ten thousand NATO personal. The bulk of allied forces have come from France, United Kingdom, Japan, Canada, and Italy. However, many smaller nations like Czech Republic, Demark, and Estonia have deployed much of their military support to assist in the war effort.

President Renato Matos Shinoda of Brazil personally thanked President Emily Potts for rescuing a Brazilian citizen from slavery and thanks the five dead and dozens of wounded Rangers during the raid. Currently there is a national debate within Brazil population about seeking justice." - National Interest

***

--- Heading to Italica, Roma Highway (between Italica and Alnus) ---

July 13th, 2025

While Major Sharpe, First Lieutenant Sarah Rose, Rory Mercury, Lelei La Lalena and Selina are on Earth on the diplomatic mission. For the rest of Vanguard-7, it is business as usual. Their current mission is escorting a small convoy of military personal and some Alnus merchants.

In some of the army trucks, there are supplies for the new Italica diplomatic outpost, some food supplies to help recover the Italica economy. However, the biggest object they are transporting are ex-Italician prisoners, the ones who invaded Philadelphia. There are only a few dozen of them left, most were wiped out in the battle. On top of that, they are bringing back to the dead body of the leader of Italica. As a sign of growing trust and friendship.

The newest member of Private First-Class Harvey Frost is driving Sergeant Major Randy Dodson JLTV. They are currently upfront of the convey as the escort and scout. Private Second-Class Marvin Scott on the .50 caliber machine gun keeping an eye out for an enemy ambush.

So far it has been a quiet and cloudy day. There has been light rain here and there while on the highway, nothing major.

"Hey Sergeant Major, felt strange having the band back to normal?" Scott asked, bored to death while manning the turret.

"Knock it off Marvin. This is the Army, no difference here." Randy said to him. "It doesn't matter who is in command, we still operate as a unit."

"Don't call me Marvin, call me Scott," Scott said.

Frost glances over. "Wait what? Is there something I should know about the team?" He has heard some rumors of the team, that they and the Major did not like each other or something. Since he has been here though he has seen none of that.

"Ahh, nothing," Scott said. "If you haven't noticed, we're not a normal team."

"Really, I haven't notice Marvin," Frost said in a sarcastic voice. He knows he is referencing the magic girl and the crazy overpower demi goddess. And having this normal twelve-year-old girl that tags along sometimes. "I got stabbed by some crazy bitched remember(1)."