V05 - Chapter 50 Earth RM

"Army Engineers have finished their inspection of the Valtris Bridge. The point of the inspection was to confirm if the bridge can withstand the weight of armored vehicles. The bridge is the only bridge on the Row Stream, west of the Dumas Mountains. The Row Stream is about one kilometer wide, making the bridge costly to maintain. Lieutenant General Stanford has stated control of this bridge is vital for the war effort.

The Army Engineers said the bridge needs to be reinforced at key points however the bridge will need to be monitored. Count Gallus Dun Gerardus of Valtris said the bridge was built by the Dwarves long ago.

Once the bridge is officially clear to be used, the 1st Calvary Division will begin deploying forces to the Elie Region to attack the breadbasket of the Empire." – Free Alnus News

***

--- Gate Transition, to Earth, Early morning ---

July 13th, 2025

"By the gods!" Rory yells with much excitement in the back seat of a HUMVEE. She is barely able to stay seated, wanting to jump out of the vehicle with the amount of energy moving through her body.

They had to get up early in the morning to come to Earth. However, though everyone's attitude would not make you think it is early in the morning.

"Calm down Rory," Lelei said to her, scooting away.

Rory looks to her. "How are you not excited by this? We are finally going to see Earth!"

"I wonder what it is like there?" Selina asked sitting there. She then looks to Sharpe. He looks so different, in what his people call civilian clothes. "What is the city we are going to? Is it like Alnus Hill?"

While they are going to Philadelphia, they must keep a low profile. They can spend the day here in the city before heading at an out-of-town resort to meet the President. Out of the way.

Sharpe looks to her. "Not at all. You will see."

"Philadelphia is an old but beautiful city with lots of history. You will be able to see the history of our country. It will be good for you to learn who you are fighting for." Sarah tells them, thinking it is amusing to see how excited they all are.

Sarah then looks over to Rory. "Dear, you really shouldn't be wearing that." She is talking about Rory gothic style cloths.

Rory crosses her arms, looking away. "I wear this style. It fits the will of my God. Anything else would be a disappointment. And besides, it makes me look good when I am slaughtering my enemies."

Then a big argument happens about clothes, shopping and how Rory should not kill anyone while on Earth. Soon after, the driver tells them all that they are arriving on the Earth side of the Gate.

All three of the girl's rush to a window, looking out. There is a massive amount of excitement just radiating from them. Even Lelei is struggling in hiding her excitement.

Everyone sees light at the end of the tunnel. The light gets brighter and brighter and brighter.

They finally exit the Gate and the first thing the three see is what looks like the inside of a hanger.

"What the..." Rory said all disappointed by the sight.

"Hold on Rory. We built this hanger to protect our world from anything that comes through the Gate." Sharpe explains. "The world is right past this door."

Rory glances to him annoyed. "Still, a total let down."

While in the facility they are now in, they see dozens of soldiers standing around. Heavy weapons everywhere all pointing towards the Gate. The place looks fortified. Already to destroy anything that comes through the Gate.