V03 - Chapter 28 Birth of Liberty RM

***

--- Alnus Community, Apex Liberty Tavern ---

May 18th, 2025(1)

Delilah looks around in a panic. All around her are hungry and thirsty American customers. When she first came to Alnus she was surprised how different the Other Worlders are. From buildings to wagons, to clothes and rules are so different.

After the Siege of Italcia(2), she talked to Mamina on what her opinion of the Americans and their friends. Both agreed that they are different than the Empire however that does not mean they can be trusted. They are clearly the most powerful force on Falmart, second to only the gods. However, that power doesn't mean they can be trusted(3).

She agreed with Mamina that more information needed to be gained by these Other Worlders and that she would come to Alnus to learn more about them.

"Hey Jalin, I need another three burgers. The Americans are coming in waves today," she said in a frustrated voice.

Since when the first refugees came to Alnus, the American government agreed to build a town next to the military base(4). The place has grown rapidly in a short period of time. Besides being the safest place on Falmart, it has become a trading hub with the occupied cities in the region. While still small compared to Italica and Valtris, there has been many different types of industries that have been establish. There is an entertainment center, black smiths, farm markets to help supply the growing military and civilian presence and many different kinds of textile and luxury stores.

That is only some of the growth of the town, where I work is the local tavern, or as the Americans call it a bar. The British soldiers however call it a Pub. Those two groups come in here and argue about the difference after a few drinks all the time. All these people have different names for the same damn thing.

The owner of this bar was able to find a good menu from both worlds. I don't get to see him much, but I was lucky to get a job here as a server. I been traveling for years, moving place to place just making, day by day. However though, I am currently missing that life as the bar, known as Apex Liberty Tavern or otherwise known as Apex, right now the bar would be unusually busy.

"More? Where are they coming from? Isn't there a war going on or something?" Jalin said, taking the order from her. He is one of the head cooks in the back that runs the back. I do not know much about him but so far, but he seems fine.

"USA! USA! USA!" Rants and cheers coming from a crowd that just came in. It will be another wave of Americans, acting very goofy for some reason. You usually get these soldiers someone in and relaxing, blowing off steam or acting a little bit flirty but today just seems overkill.

"Beats me. It has been like this all day," She said back to him as she prepares seven drinks. Looking around, she sees some of the other servers moving around in a panic, trying to serve everyone.

That is when one of the Alnus customers that is sitting at the front booth said something. "Can you please tell them to stop yelling? Damn these Other Worlders."

"Look sir, I will get you your refill in a second. But it is their bar, if they want to act like a bunch of fertile cats, that is their problem," she said back to that customer.

While most of the Alnus residents are happy and loyal to the NATO forces, some are not fully convinced of their true intentions. They have shown extreme kindness and restraint on dealing with the common folk here, which is very unusual for a people with so much power.

I personally agree with those people; it does seem weird, and I cannot trust them. Not after what happen to my people by the Empire. However, I do feel safe here and my gut has not let me down yet.