V06 - Chapter 69 Reunion RM

***

--- Path of Hadritus, near to the Town of Euscro ---

August 23rd, 2025

Sharpe is currently sitting in the back of his JLTV. In front of him is an elf that they freed back in that village. The elf looks pretty beaten up, probably from the torture he been given. The Elf definitely has been through a lot.

"Let me if I fully understand. You are not from Falmart but from a different a different world? And you are currently at war with the Empire because?" Hodor restates.

"That is correct Sir Hodor. You have nothing to fear from these people. While myself is from this work, me and others have pledge to assist." Lelei says.

"Interesting, sounds too good to be true. Even if it us, I see your help are still Hunan," Hodor comments, reference Lelei and Rory. It is clear that he doesn't trust them because their Humans.

"That is not true. In one of the other vehicles a Warrior Bunnies. In Alnus, there are races from all over Falmart." Lelei responds.

Sharpe glances over to Lelei, the blue hair intelligent women. He has seen her grow a lot recently and has been proud of that. Hit looks like she has finally started to find her comfort zone.

When he watched Lelei successfully help us that Italica Treaty(1), he has wanted her with him when during new encounters. Like dealing with this elf for example. From that experience, he prefers to have her with him during these kinds of conversations. She has proven to be a major help in building bridges with the locals of this world.

It is not just because Lelei is intelligent, he understands that her god Elange helps her with that. It is because she can speak in a manner that makes her knowledge understandable to the average person without making them feel dumb.

In a way, Lelei reminds Sharpe of the Founding Father Benjamin Franklin, thinking back of their recent trip to Earth(2). Able to speak and translate to people while not making the other person feel inferior. He has found that she does not suffer from that. Every time he meets a new group of people, he wants her by his side. To answer his or anyone else's questions.

"And besides, Rory isn't Human." He says, knowing that will get a reaction from her. Glancing to his front seat, he sees Rory turning around.

"Hey, what is that supposed to mean?" Rory asks in a demanding manner.

He smirks at her reaction, glancing over to her. He intentionally delayed his responds for a few seconds. When Rory first joined his Ranger team, he has learned that she likes to play these little games, testing people. He has also found that she does not like it when people do that to her, which is something he enjoys. "You are more like a firecracker." Then he gives her a flirtish wink, knowing it is going to embarrass her.

He sees her think on his responds, nodding her head in agreement. Her cheeks blush red as she looks away, hopping that no one saw.

"Actually, I see that." Rory says, approving of what he said with this embarrassed voice.

"Just ignore those two." Lelei comments to Hodor. "They do that all the time."

Hodor looks them all confused. "I still don't trust you, Humans. Our first encounter you lied about who you are." Hodor says.

He looks back to Hodor and thinks about his responds. "Hey man look, I understand that Humans have screwed your people over. Since when we first arrived at this world, plenty of elves have tried to put us in the ground. Now while were Human, we are From America and we follow by those values and standards. Besides, allowed us to free you without issues," He finishes, making his point clear.