V06 - Chapter 63 Hedgerow Hopping RM

"The 101st Airborne Division has launched a massive Air Assault operation. The 506th Infantry Regiment assaulted the Imperial rear supply line to the west of the Bissto Forest. They outflanked the enemy, cutting off their line of retreat.

Their mission is to prevent the Imperial Army from falling back to Namuliat or Kerush while the 48th Infantry Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division assault the forest from the east. This is considered a sweeping option.

The Empire has surprised NATO forces with the change of tactics. Up to now the Empire has fought in the traditional ancient style of warfare, fighting in large open fields in large formations. This tactic has allowed NATO forces to quickly dominated entire Legions in moments with overwhelming firepower as the enemy is perfectly visible.

With reports from the 1st Cavalry Division and 2nd Armored Division current assaults, stating the Empire has enacted trench warfare tactics. Besides engaging full Legions in the open, the Empire has been scattering it forces and digging in, turning the region into one massive battleground. It seems like the enemy has learned from their failures around Alnus and Valtris.

An additional but minor change in tactics is the Empire using forests as a shield from NATO armored and air power. This became an issue during the Troph Hills Campaign. Up to that point that campaign was the longest engagement and most bloody until Operation Roundball. The Empire is hoping to pull NATO forces into similar battles. Some believe these hiding enemy forces are hoping to be ignored so they can attack from the rear.

While the main NATO advance is bypassing these hostile forest, Lieutenant General Stanford has stated he does not want to leave these enemy troops behind the lines. The main force will continue to attack the major cities, detachment units will isolate these loose Legions.

The Air Forces has states they are IRS operations, or I-Spy as soldiers call it to the region to help spot the dug in enemy. This is part of the developing doctrine on how to counter the new enemy strategy. Armored forces will assault these trenches while forces flank from the sides by air or ground. They will then break the lines and break the enemy perimeter into multiple pieces to be dealt with." – Free Alnus News

***

--- The Greater Elies Region, Fort Legrath ---

August 15th, 2025

Frayen is currently at the fort dragon pin, where they kept their wyverns. There are about thirty of these wyverns being held. Normally they would be used against the enemies of the Empire. Throughout the centuries, air superiority has been a key advantage for the Imperial Army.

Many battles, rebellions, and wars have been won just because of these beasts. They have been key for scouting and communications. Harassing the enemy and bring terror. Against this new enemy from the other world, they have proven to be worthless.

These Other Worlders metal dragons have proven to be faster and stronger. Worse of all, they can kill the Wyverns Corps formations from such extreme range that our troops do not even see them.

He stands here, waiting for his master to arrive.

Because Italica has defected to the Americans, the Empire is forced to travel farther north to avoid being destroyed.

Because time is short, his master took a dragon from Sadera to fly here. Even going the long way around still only takes a better part of a week.

This purplish wyvern walks through the man-made cave entrance, as it heads to its pin.