V10 - Chapter 117 Fathers Duty

*** 

--- Nadris Expedition Camp ---

December 15th, 2025

Lord Lashin walks through the camps as Haoulis and Koulua drag the Human Princess Selina through. This is one of many camps he had his expedition set up. He did not want his forces to be bunched up into one location, easier to spot.

All around he can see his warriors gather, cheering and threatening the Princess. It has been a long wait, everyone waiting for the perfect chance to take her.

They first came to this region planning to strike Sadera itself, the capital of the Empire and take her away. Not through a siege but sneaking into the palace, just like what they did in Italica. That was before he learned about these Other Worlders. Out of nowhere two of his scouts found her in Italica, walking freely.

He could not believe that at first. His luck could not be that good. They were they to gather supplies and contacts, not to find the damn girl. Learning that he was forced to change his plans.

He quickly understood that the Other Worlders were too powerful to attack directly. He does not know why those people were protecting the Human girl, but it would not change his path for vengeance.

He looks back and sees Selina. She looks terrified about the amounts of people that are cheering for her death. What is bothering him is that she does not look like someone who lost hope of rescue. There is no chance, he was incredibly careful not leaving clues. How would they even know where to begin?

He gets to the main tent and he walks in. The other two elves walk in and toss Selina into the ground.

"Ahh...," Selina yells as she cries from the impact.

"Tie her to the post. I want to take no chances." He orders.

He watches his two warriors take the girl and tie a rope around her neck and then to the post. While he does not believe she can escape, he knows they are so close to ending this expedition. His men want to go home, including him.

"She is secured," Haoulis said. He then reaches out and feels her hair. "My Lord, would you like her to be cleaned before the ritual?"

He then sees Selina bit Haoulis finger. "Let go of me!"

"Ouch," Haoulis states as he wags his figure from the bit. "Feisty to the end."

"Don't bother," He said. "Palapon requires a body. He said nothing about clean cloths. Let us go and make the preparations."

He walks to the door but is stopped by Haoulis.

"My Lord," Haoulis whispers. "This doesn't feel right."

He looks to his friend. "I feel the same. She knows something we don't."

Haoulis nods and crosses his arms. "I got that impression back at the forest edge. I think we should assume the Other Worlders will find us sooner than expected."

"I agree. Make the preparations to leave. When the ritual is over, I want us to get some leagues(1) between us. Enchant the trees." He states.

"Yes, my lord," Haoulis said and leaves.

As he is about to leave, he looks back at the girl. She sits there on her knees, looking around. She seems to want to lay down and rest but the rope acting as a leash is preventing her to do that. She looks like a mess; her dress is shredded and covered in mud. Her whole body is dirty from the travel from Italica. Her well begin was not a concern after all.

He knows he was right before that she is a horrible liar. Her eyes give it away. To his surprise, she seems purer than her father. She seems far different from what he expected.