V12 - Chapter 149 Man vs. Dragon

***

--- Schwarz Forest, Roldom Valley, Mount Tube ---

February 9th, 2026

Rory sits up, feeling her strength slowly returns. "Maybe this wasn't the best of ideas... Everything hurts."

She then hears something in the distance. She looks up and sees someone coming. At first, she thought it was Giselle, but she would not be running. She is a Draconian, so she flies whenever she gets the chance. Flying to them is just as natural as walking for Humans.

She then smiles as she sees Sharpe running to her.

Sharpe slides down to her. "Rory..."

She looks up at him and sees him panicking. She has blood everywhere, cuts everywhere, and so on. If she were mortal, she would be dead. "Jackson, I am ok. Everything is fine. I just cannot move right now. She just cut my tendon. They will regenerate but it is taking longer than usual."

She knows what is going through his head. Last time he had seen someone like this was his last team where five people were cut up like her. He must be having flashbacks of his past again, this time it is her fault.

"Is that what you did to me?" He asked.

"Yes," She replies. "I did tell you I was going to protect you. Even from yourself. I lend you some of my regeneration ability so you wouldn't die."

"You bastards!" Giselle yells as she gets up.

She looks over to Giselle and she looks pissed. Her body is still forming as their holes all over the top of her body. She is using her Scythe to balance her, unable to stand under her own power.

Before she can say anything, she feels Sharpe picking her up in his arms.

She looks up at him surprised for some reason. She smiles anyway, glad that she is not alone anymore.

She did give him a Blood Pack when she bit his hand. It allows him to regenerate like her, but it does not seem to be perfect. She sees this cut in his cheek.

Sharpe looks down at her and smiles. "Stay still I got this."

"I can't move," She responds.

"I know," Sharpe replies. "This means this is the first time you listened to me."

She smirks and looks at Giselle. Giselle does look angry and confused, not knowing what just hit her.

"I cannot believe this," Giselle yells. "I will not be humiliated like this. Not by a mortal. Hardy does not accept failure. She wants Rory and I will not fail her."

"Is this what all this has been about?" Sharpe responds in his commanding tone. "Giselle is it? We have a saying on my planet. Go fuck yourself!"

Giselle gets angry hearing that and gets ready to attack.

"Andrew!" Sharpe said.

She looks at Sharpe and then at Giselle. This time she looks scared, looking around. She chuckles realizing that Giselle thinks Andrew's sniper rifle is a magical spell. She hears this loud sound and sees Giselle dodges. But the massive bullet goes through her left wing.

Giselle looks at the hole in her wing and then back to Sharpe. "You all will pay for this. You think you can defy a god?"

"If this means losing Rory or anyone else then yes," Sharpe said. "You do not have the right to come here and target a member of my team. You Imperial Apostle!"

"Did you just call me an Imperial?" Giselle asked. "I do not work for the Empire or anyone but for my goddess!"

She can see that Sharpe is confused. She assumes that he thought that Giselle was working for the Empire. She understands that false conclusion, the last three Apostles have been working for the Empire in some manner.