Tokoyami Fumikage x Reader

My best friend, Tokoyami Fumikage, holds out his hand. A mysterious aura surrounds him as he smiles. There's a backpack around his shoulder. The evening air is warm as the sun sets on the horizon.

"What?" I laugh.

"Come on, come with me. It'll be an adventure," he prompts me again.

"... To hell with it," I shrug, taking his hand. He grabs mine, pulling me to his favourite café. Fumikage lets go of my hand, ordering a couple drinks and pastries to go. Despite my protests, he carries the bag and drinks.

The evening is even darker when we get outside.

As the sky gets darker and darker, he walks into the brightly-lit park.

Fumikage leads me up a large hill, handing the drinks to Dark Shadow, and pulling a lamp out of his bag. Once we're at the top of the hill, he also pulls out a couple blankets. He lays one down.

Taking the lamp, he turns it on and gestures for me to sit. He sits beside me, wrapping the blanket around us.

He hands me my drink and pastry. "The event will start soon. I heard about it, and knew we could see it from here, and immediately thought of you," he admits.

I smile, my heart clenching. "Really? That's so sweet. What's the event?"

"You'll see, it's going to be great."

Dark Shadow appears, resting beside the two of us. "He said it would make a perfect date," the creature confides with an evil grin.

"Dark Shadow! It is not appropriate to tell peoples' secrets!" Fumikage crosses his arms.

I laugh a little. I've definitely liked Fumikage for a while, though he can be a bit closed off. This was a really nice surprise.

"So this is a date?" I ask, letting a smirk adorn my face.

He clears his throat, obviously caught off guard. "If that would be alright. It doesn't have to mean anything, but I would admit that I admire you very much."

"Then it's a date." I smile at him, and he smiles back.

A loud bang rings out through the air, and I jump a little.

A huge firework explodes in the sky, and I look at it in awe.

I can only stare as the dim night sky is filled with fireworks. Colours light the sky above us. They were farther away, maybe a couple cities away, but they were huge and astoundingly beautiful.

They last for the better part of an hour, as we eat and drink in a lovely silence. The only noise is the sound of fireworks going off, and our breathing.

The last fireworks end, the sky filled with smoke. I hadn't even noticed the fact that I was holding his hand. Fumikage smiles at me.

"You're cute when you're focused on something."

My face heats up and I avert my eyes. "Thank you."

Fumikage hesitantly reaches a hand out, and rests his head against mine. I close my eyes, letting his hand touch my face softly.

"I care very much for you. If it were anyone else, I would ignore my feelings. Being the master of Dark Shadow can put others in danger. However, with your Light quirk, and your strong personality, I know you aren't in danger like the others would be. I can't deny myself of having these feelings, and I would be the happiest man if you would return my sentiments."

"Fumikage," I pull away a little, to look at him. "I care very much for you as well. You fill my life with loveliness, and I'm happy to say that I do. I do return your sentiments." I kiss his beak, watching as an anime blush spreads across his face.

He leans his head back against mine. "I love you."

"I love you, too."