💝 Bakugō x Trans!Male!Reader

(Valentine's Week: Day 1. No they're not dating, Bakugō is just confusing.)

"Hey, so who are you going to this Valentine's dance with?" Bakugō Katsuki asks from inside the doorway. He and I have been in the same class as me since our first year, and I even gave him a nickname, but his abrupt question still surprises me. Since when has he felt comfortable enough to invite himself into my room?

Still, it's best to be honest with him. He has a tendency to get frustrated and make things blow up.

"I'm not going, Firecracker," I set down my teacup on my study desk, standing across from Bakugō. What's he up to, barging into people's rooms and asking personal questions.

My hands shake slightly as he steps forward. While I can hold my own against him in training, this side of him is unknown. Why does he care who I'm going with?

"And why not? I'm going to this stupid Valentine's dance, so don't think you can just get out of it," he growls.

"Bakugō, please," I cross my arms, trying to compose myself. "You know I don't like dressing up and stuff. I don't have the confidence."

"I know," Bakugō's eyes pierce me. "And I understand. But you know what? I hate this as much as you do. I know you're dysphoric, and I want to help."

"You- you what? You want to help me?"

"You heard me, I know you aren't deaf. We are both stuck with going to this dance, I'm helping you and you're not going to get out of this. You're going to wear a nice suit and tie, even a boutonniere- the whole shebang- and so am I. Because you and I are men and we're not afraid of dressing up and being handsome for some stupid, sappy Valentine's dance. You got that, you idiot?!"

I gulp, nodding at him. What is all of this even about?

I don't get to ask any of the several questions pondering inside my mind about his unnerving behaviour as he turns on his heel, throwing words over his shoulder. "Find a red, non-school tie, we're going to match."