🏳️‍🌈 Genderfluid: Jirō Kyōka x Reader

(Last pride month fic guys! Hope you all enjoyed them 💕🏳️‍🌈 I'll be back to regular somewhat weekly updates soon.)

"Masc day?" Arms wrap around my waist, distracting me from my paperwork. I welcome the opportunity to clear my head. Her fingers trace the bracelet I'm wearing, noting how I'm feeling today. The green side is out, indicating male.

"More neutral," I lean my head back, and she kisses the top of it. "But them boi pronouns."

She laughs slightly. "Well, if gender roles are completely out," Kyōka's voice is suddenly strained.

"Hm?" I look up at her, watching her face scrunch up. Her earphone jacks twist in a way I know rather well: she's anxious. "What is it, sweet love?"

"I..."

--- ---

"I... I think I want to get married."

Her voice still rings clearly in my ears as I hold her hand delicately. We're in plain clothes, walking down the street. This town is more of a tourists attraction.

It's filled with shops selling craft wares and candies. She eyes a music note ring in a jewelery store, and we decide to pick them out for one another.

The two of us stop to grab glass-bottled sodapops, then head to the photo shop.

Where they give legal marriages.

We sip our sodapops, her tongue stained red from hers, as we say vows. Her lips are sweet as they meet mine. My breath is taken away, like every kiss we share.

After we're officially married, all the vows and everything that entails, the two of us are back on the street. My heart has been beating harder with the feeling of we're married now.

I tug her to the glass store, where they're blowing glass, and she pulls me to the music store where expensive, handcrafted guitars are displayed. The two of us stop in the hat store, wearing the hats and making up fake accents for each one.

Her hair glistens in the sun, and her eyes are such a beautiful colour when the light hits them.

The day eases onward, the two of us eloping peacefully. It beats a big marriage, and it's something we had talked about before.

It only sinks in later,

She's my wife now.