🌲 4th Fic of Christmas

For the fourth fic of Christmas, Author-san gave to you,

An Awkward Mistletoe Kiss,
Three Hot Cocoas,
A Secret Santa Gift,
And A Cute Little Christmas Date!
--- ---

I pull the hood of my hoodie over my face. "Nope nope nope!" I try to turn around, struggling against both Nejire and Mirio.

This is our second year at UA, and it will soon end. To celebrate the holidays, the class is throwing a party.

"Come on," Nejire pouts. "You have to come to the party! We're even going to convince Amajiki to come!"

"Nope nope nope!" I repeat, covering my face further. Not able to control my blush, I hide my reddening cheeks.

"Please? I know you don't like crowds, but I know you'll have fun." Nejire begs.

I whine, then sigh, giving in. "Even Amajiki will be there?"

"Yep!" Mirio smiles, and immediately I'm scared. "Don't worry, I haven't told him."

Nejire smiles, too. "Though this would be an amazing time to get the two of you together!"

"Nejire no."

"Nejire yes."

--- ---

I gulp, terrified at what they have in store for me. Pulling a little at the sleeves of the shirt, I exit the bathroom, and enter the party.

A few people from other classes had been invited, but it was mostly just ours. A classmate had offered their house for the party.

People were all around, talking and laughing and having fun. All I want to do is leave. How long do I have to stay before it's polite to leave?

I'm taken from my thoughts by a hand on my shoulder, and I jump.

"Does it fit alright?" Nejire asks, smiling. I nod, my eyes switching to Mirio, and then Tamaki behind him.

We all talk for a few minutes--- well, Mirio and Nejire talk. I mess with the sleeves of my shirt, and Tamaki rests his head on the wall.

"Hey, we're going to go get some punch, why don't you two hang out for a bit." Mirio pats Tamaki on the shoulder.

I shoot a panicked look at Nejire, but she just waves it off. I lean with my back against the wall.

"You don't like parties either? I find that they're terrifying. What do I say? What can I not say? It gives me anxiety." Tamaki mutters, eyes fixed on the wall.

My heart clenches. "I agree, they're scary. When am I allowed to leave?"

He nods, eyes shifting to me, but not meeting my eyes. "I like your shirt, it's my favourite colour, not that that will fix your discomfort. You probably don't want to be here with me."

"Thank you, Amajiki. I don't mind, you're a lot less draining than the extroverts," I smile sincerely.

"Oh," is all he answers. We fall into a semi-comfortable silence.

Soon, however, I feel something poke my head. I look up, confused, and my face immediately erupts into a blush. I could almost start a fire with how warm my cheeks feel.

Mistletoe. I stop breathing.

I spot Nejire behind Tamaki, and I recognize the arm above me as Mirio's.

"Look, Tama-chan! You've got to kiss them! They're under the mistletoe," Nejire pushes him forward.

He squeaks, his own face almost as red as mine. He shakes his head, trying to back up. Nejire pushes him closer. "Come on, or else we'll draw attention."

That got him moving backwards even more, and I try to step back.

Something must have been in the way, something must have given, because he suddenly stumbles forwards, directly into me. Our lips clash almost painfully as we trip onto the floor, him sprawled on top of me. People start looking, and I hide my face in his chest in embarrassment. He only touches his lip for a moment, before realizing the situation.

"Ah- I'm so sorry!" He mutters, pulling me up with him. Amajiki pulls a little too hard, and I trip directly into him, catching myself in his arms.

"That was the most painful kiss I've ever had," I pout.

"Sorry, sorry," his ears droop.

I look around, relieved to see that everyone except Mirio and Nejire had moved on, not focusing on our awkward fumbling.

Mirio moves over. "Come on, Tamaki, you can do better than that! Here," he holds the mistletoe over Amajiki's head. "Try again."

"I'm not sure that's a great idea, what if I mess up again-"

I cut him off, pressing a kiss to his lips. They're soft, and he barely kisses back, but I can feel it. Pulling away, I cover my face. "Sorry."

"You're- you're sorry- why? That was- oh." Tamaki, stuttering and anxious, hides his face on the wall again.

Mirio gives me a thumbs up. "That went fairly well."