Iida x Reader

(Black stain soulmate AU: you have a black stain in the spot on your skin where your soulmate will first touch you. Once they touch you, it lights up in colour.)

I hurry to my next class, trying to get through the crowd of people gathered in the hallway.

They were surrounding a couple who had just found out they were soulmates.

Huffing, I roll my eyes. I don't believe in soulmates. I don't even have a black mark.

I walk into class, sitting down in my seat. My classmate, Iida, already sat in his chair, beside me.

"Hello Iida, do you have the homework from yesterday? I had a question on one of the problems," I look at him, pulling out my homework.

He immediately agrees to help me, showing me how to solve the problem I was having.

I thank him with a smile. "Sorry, this subject just isn't really my strong suit."

Iida nods in understanding. "That's quite alright. We can't be perfect at everything, no matter how hard we try."

I sigh as the teacher comes in, and begins the lecture.

Eventually, lunch comes around, and I'm happy to get out of that class. It's just so boring and hard to grasp.

I grab some food and sit at my usual table, which is usually quiet. I tend to sit alone, which I actually prefer.

My silence is broken when someone approaches. "Is it alright if I sit with you? I hope I'm not intruding."

Looking up at Iida, I nod. "Go ahead."

"I couldn't help but notice you looked confused during the lecture today. I was wondering if I could assist you in any way?"

I flush a bit, embarrassed that I was falling behind. "The concept is just confusing. And the way he words it makes it even more so," I say with a sigh.

He pulls out his notes, and goes over it with me. When he saw where I was struggling, he explains it kindly in a less-confusing way. I grin whenever I finally understand it.

"Thank you so much, Iida!" I flash him a bright smile.

For a moment, he pauses, and his pencil falls out of his hand, rolling into the desk.

Then he recovers, clearing his throat. "It's no problem at all."

I'm about to say something else, when he snaps his attention to my hair. "You have... A butterfly..?"

He reaches out his hand to catch it, his hand rubbing against my head briefly.

Iida gasps, as the butterfly flutters away. His eyes flutter, much like the butterfly's wings, between his hand and my hair.

"Your hair... And my hand- they're colourful."

"My hair?" My eyes widen. "I do have a mark?"

I look at the side of his hand, which had been black before. Now it was a lovely rainbow of colours.

My face heats up.

"I'm so sorry for my intrusion on your personal space- um- would you maybe like to... Grab some tea later, at a café?" Iida stammers.

"That sounds nice, Iida," I feel a smile curling up in my face.

"Tenya. If we're soulmates, then it's alright to call me such."

"That sounds nice, Tenya."